Question PC build for AE (5900X)

Nov 16, 2020
Hi

I want to build a pc that will be used mainly for video editing like after effects \ premiere \ photoshop. will the specs fit if I also want to use it for gaming sometimes? Not looking to play at the highest settings.

And what do you think about the specs.

Thank You.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X

Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4

Gigabyte B550 VISION D

Corsair DDR 4 64G (32Gx2) 3200 CL16 Vengeance LPX

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 VISION OC-8G

Samsung SSD 1TB 860

Gigabyte AORUS SSD M.2 PCIE GEN4 NVMe 2.0TB

Gigabyte AORUS SSD M.2 PCIE GEN4 NVMe 1.0TB

Toshiba HDD 4.0TB 7200

Corsair HX850 850W

Fractal Design Define 7

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Looks nice but I'd slap an AIO in that build and keep it clean. You can look at a dual channel ram kit that's rated to run at DDR4-3600MHz at the very least. Try and keep to two sticks, meaning 2x32GB kit.

I'd also look for a smaller form factor build but the one you have is good as is. Where are you located and can you use PCPartPicker for the parts?

Nov 16, 2020
Are you choosing all the Gigabyte stuff for aesthetic reasons?

Do you really need 3 SSDs?
Hi

The graphics card and motherboard are suitable for me because of the use of editing softwares.
The M.2 sticks are with good recommendations, speed and performence but I have no problem switching to something else more recommended

As for the SSD :
SSD for OS and software
NVMe for project files
NVMe for disc cache

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Looks nice but I'd slap an AIO in that build and keep it clean. You can look at a dual channel ram kit that's rated to run at DDR4-3600MHz at the very least. Try and keep to two sticks, meaning 2x32GB kit.

I'd also look for a smaller form factor build but the one you have is good as is. Where are you located and can you use PCPartPicker for the parts?

I can switch to 3600 CL18 instead of 3200 CL16 and anyway in the future I plan to purchase 2 more identical sticks to reach 128gb.

unfortunately i cant use PCPartPicker for the parts due to consideration of tax refunds so I will have to buy all the parts in my country.