Discussion PC Build for Architecture/Designer 2020

Oct 27, 2020
  • BUDGET: 2500$
  • PURPOSE OF THE BUILD: Revit Architecture, AutoCad, 3D Max, Lumion, V Ray (Sketch UP), Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Premier Pro, Sketch UP
  • ITEMS YOU NEED/ALREADY HAVE: CPU: Ryzen 3900x or 3950x ? RTX 2070 Super or RTX 2080 Super ? or maybe Single high core and Nvidia QUADRO ?
  • OVERCLOCK OR NOT: Maybe a little boost but generally not.
So trying to build up a new PC for my student friend in architecture and designing. He has just started to work on projects and novice in all those programs and spare part details.
Kindly asking you to give experienced advices. This PC is going to be used for 4-5 years. This budget is just for spare parts excluding monitor and periphery.

Thank you.

P.S doubled in techpowerup. The more advices I get the better setup will be🆒

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Your software creates issues. The Auto desk (Revit/AutoCad) makes the best use of single cpu core speeds, and amd can't touch Intel there yet. Except when it comes to the actual rendering aspect.

The Adobe (photoshop/premier pro) is just the opposite, a TR like a 3960x with its 24 cores can really put anything else to shame, especially when it comes to the rendering aspects.

Honestly, between the both, I believe you'd get a better overall performance from Intel, a 10700k, than you will from amd. Especially if using the gpu to render instead of the cpu.

Oct 27, 2020
Honestly. I was thinking about Ryzen 9 3900x and RTX 2080 Super.
However RTX 3070 will be better but how long should I wait for it? Because I am already have to start slowly for working on projects.

Oct 27, 2020
Thank you for your all advices. Now I have dilemma between Ryzen 5 5600x or Ryzen 9 3900x ? But if I pick 5600x than I will get RTX 3070.

What do you think for those CPU ?