PC build for World of Warcraft

Parkerino

Honorable
Jun 12, 2013
Hey i want to build a PC for wow and only wow. I have a problem that whenever i put a build together i go for builds that are overkill for what i really need. So i'm looking to save some money and just have the PC to run wow without fps drop. The PC will be for wow only

System requirements for wow: https://www.wowhead.com/news=281321/world-of-warcraft-battle-for-azeroth-system-requirements-for-windows-and-mac

One thing also i already brought aGigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard for a build that i was going to make but have since changed my mind so if that could be incorporated into the build that would be good

Solution

No FPS drop I think is kinda impossible, especially when you are in raid group doing Arathi rares, or the stormgarde scenario. There is no need to have more than 16gb of ram, for your system application. An i7 isn't necessary, unless you want to stream, and then I would suggest a Ryzen 2700x. An 8600k would be plenty for your usage. With the new RTX cards on the horizon, it is hard to recommend...
PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Tm83WD
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Tm83WD/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor ($249.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - H5 Universal 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($46.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 (rev. 1.0) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($222.89 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($154.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($97.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB SC GAMING Video Card ($278.00 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($57.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1108.74
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-11 04:48 EDT-0400

I included the motherboard you alread have in this build just to show price. You could probably save alittle here and there with this build so let me know if its out of your budget and Ill adjust. One big area is RAM, you could probably get away with 8GB but I recommend 16. Also that Motherboard you bought you could probably return it and save alot on a cheaper one if possible.

this should be enough for all of it.
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2400G 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor ($158.90 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: *MSI - B450M PRO-VDH Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($71.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: *G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2800 Memory ($76.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: *Hitachi - Ultrastar 7K3000 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($53.99 @ Newegg Marketplace)
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($39.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: *Corsair - CXM (2015) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($26.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $428.83
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-11 04:49 EDT-0400
feel free to thor SSD for faster gaming and more ram for smother gameplay (if you load music or other in background) and if you don't mind going to sub 600$

Parkerino

Honorable
Jun 12, 2013

I would return it but i brought i about 2 months ago and have already opened the box, so i'm stuck with it now. I think ild rather have a bit more ram also. Budget is not a issue as i was going to build a much more expensive PC at first so this is a saving no matter what :) Would i be getting much bang for buck going for a i7 cpu?

i7 is not very price/performance and is much stronger than you need. Not sure if you will utilize half of i5, not taking about i7

this thing is overkill but nice balance, if you want to multi task. Maybe you will use it for some other thing also :)

BringerOfTea

Reputable

and a video card for an more enjoyable experience?

Going to the i7 wont really do much for you gaming wise for WoW. If you plan on going to more modern games maybe, or if you want to game and stream then the i7 would be a good option. Just remember going up to the i7 will also require a slightly beefier 60-80 dollar cooler if you plan on doing any kind of overlook.

Parkerino

Honorable
Jun 12, 2013

Only more modern games i might play are new fps shooters but i don't play them a lot. When you say game and stream do you mean watching streams or doing a love stream myself? i always watch streams as i play but will never stream myself.

It's a hard decision because the price difference between the i7 or i5 i would get in $150 plus the cooler, but i will be saving a lot of money by downgrading my GPU because i was going to get a 1080 Ti at first

logainofhades

Titan

No FPS drop I think is kinda impossible, especially when you are in raid group doing Arathi rares, or the stormgarde scenario. There is no need to have more than 16gb of ram, for your system application. An i7 isn't necessary, unless you want to stream, and then I would suggest a Ryzen 2700x. An 8600k would be plenty for your usage. With the new RTX cards on the horizon, it is hard to recommend buying a GPU right now. Prices have been steadily dropping. Also a budget would be helpful.

Solution