Mr Penguin

Commendable
May 17, 2019
Hello everyone, been planning to make a new build for some time now (trying to figure out what to get) and I have posted a forum on here and got quite far, I also then explored on some other forums and came up with these builds:
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Finley_Crofts/saved/#view=dQcb8d (Please say if this doesn't work.)
There are four builds there and my budget is around £1200 UK, however, I have decided to start a build at a very weird time for the market as AMD are releasing some new stuff, etc, so I am just posting again to see if the build is good for the value and if I was going to make an intel version what would you go for in CPU wise as I am not that good with Intel.

I have gone for a 2700x as I will be doing a lot of gaming however I will be doing heavy editing, etc, I have already got my HHDS with me so I am just buying a 1tb SSD for some more storage (faster loading times).

I have been told to wait for the new 3000 series and get a full-sized ATX b500 board for when they come out however just want to know if it is worth the wait and if it is, does anyone know some hints for the release date?

My original colour scheme was black and white so I want to try and stick with that theme, however, if you can not no worries.
(Will be some case fans as well, NOT PLANNING ON OC ANYTIME SOME!)

This is my first pc build so any tips I will appreciate it, please don't be harsh on me if the build is, well you know, crap.
Here Are some other builds people have to recommend me on my other forum on Linus Tech Tips: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1066042-new-gaming-pc-build-please-check-if-any-good/
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/rxghhy

Thank You for your time
Have a Great Day

Finley Crofts

Lutfij

Titan
As it stands, the link to your build, PC 2 is the best of the bunch, where PC 3 is an exact clone of PC 2. PC 1 doesn't need the additional fans to be purchased at first go, you can add them later on down the road when you save up some money.

Yes, if you're not in any hurry, you should wait for the Ryzen 3000 series processors and the 5000 series chipset.

Can also do something like this.
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor (£258.78 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4 Motherboard (£89.89 @ CCL Computers)
Memory: Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (£151.67 @ CCL Computers)
Storage: Intel - 660p Series 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive (£98.59 @ CCL Computers)
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB Video Card (£419.99 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Fractal Design - S2 ATX Mid Tower Case (£130.09 @ More Computers)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (£85.47 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £1234.48
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-22 17:46 BST+0100

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Pretty standard builds. Good power supply choice. Obviously the LTT build there has the better graphics card, but an RT2070 is still a decent card for 1440p gaming, so if you are running 1080p it is more than enough. If you are running 4K or high refresh or something it may be a little light

Release dates for Ryzen 3000 are supposed to be the beginning of the second half of this year I believe. Computex on the 28th of May is a logical time to expect more legitimate news. So, probably have true expected release dates before the month is out.

TRENDING THREADS