[SOLVED] Pc build need suggestions

oakmeal

Commendable
Jul 16, 2019
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vDnWqp
Here is what i have so far for him I already have RAM for him Which is LPX Corsair vengeance 32gb 3200mhz all 4 slots. A SSD i bought from micro center some inland one its good for what he wants and i used it so its good enough. i am giving him a 2070 super, and also should i just wipe everything on the SSD but just keep windows on the SSD and give it to him? Is that possible? if anyone has any suggestions i would love to hear it. I was going to go with ryzen 5 3600 but he wanted to VR which can be good enough but he also said he wanted to be perfect so this would be Great compatibility.

Solution
Yes, reinstall the OS on the SSD. Create your bootable USB installer for Windows 10 using Windows Media Creation Tools.

Minor change;
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor ($304.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: MSI B550M PRO-VDH WIFI Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($110.78 @ Amazon)
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox NR400 (w/ODD) MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($64.98 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($116.82 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($108.78 @ Other World Computing)
Total: $706.35
Prices include shipping, taxes, and...

iPeekYou

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2014
Here is what i have so far for him I already have RAM for him Which is LPX Corsair vengeance 32gb 3200mhz all 4 slots. A SSD i bought from micro center some inland one its good for what he wants and i used it so its good enough. i am giving him a 2070 super, and also should i just wipe everything on the SSD but just keep windows on the SSD and give it to him? Is that possible? if anyone has any suggestions i would love to hear it. I was going to go with ryzen 5 3600 but he wanted to VR which can be good enough but he also said he wanted to be perfect so this would be Great compatibility.

Seems solid to me; not sure how 128GB of RAM is necessary for home PC, but more power to you. 4 slots of RAM populated with 3200Mhz is within Ryzen's capabilities IIRC. It's only when high speed RAM is installed it might become problematic.

You can simply wipe the SSD on another system, then install the SSD on the new system to install a fresh Windows OS. Probably the best idea for better drivers compatibility anyway.

Reactions: GarrettL

Lutfij

Titan
Yes, reinstall the OS on the SSD. Create your bootable USB installer for Windows 10 using Windows Media Creation Tools.

Minor change;
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor ($304.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: MSI B550M PRO-VDH WIFI Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($110.78 @ Amazon)
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox NR400 (w/ODD) MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($64.98 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($116.82 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($108.78 @ Other World Computing)
Total: $706.35
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-06-08 03:07 EDT-0400

got an matx chassis instead of an atx chassis.

Solution
It's solid system, no problems there.
As far as windows are concerned, depends on who "He" is but it's bound to have a lot of personal data and stuff on the disk. I would wipe it and reinstall after saving anything you may need.