[SOLVED] PC Build not powering on at all

Tomzen69

Reputable
Jan 28, 2016
First off I had an old Z97s SLI Krait Edition, i5-4690k, 16gb of DDR3 ram and an SSD lying around so I decided to build a PC for the family. I bought the parts: Thermaltake Versa H25, 2TB Red, CX550M, some fans & a dvd drive, all brand new, after the parts arrived I installed it all as usual initially confused about the H25 having internal standoffs before realizing, after installing it all the PC booted first time and worked correctly and I installed windows and all the apps until I moved the PC and it turned off and wouldn't boot up again, wouldn't even power on, I tried tripping the power connector hoping maybe the case power switch stopped working and still no luck.

I kinda just assumed the motherboard was dead and bought a new bundle since they were quite old anyway, ended up getting a B450m Pro4, 8GB lpx vengeance and a Ryzen 3 3200G, upon arrival I immediately installed them and tried to boot, exact same problem. So now I figured it was the power supply being dead, bought a new power supply, now a TX500, installed that and still the same problem whether I try using the case switch or just tripping it using a screwdriver/key. It also does the same thing out of the case ontop of the motherboard box with just the CPU, CPU Cooler, Ram and of course the power supply 8 pin & 24 pin plugged in and power supply turned on, just a flat nothing. I tried re-seating the ram, switching the slots they're in, CPU is installed correctly, no idea what else can be done, is there something I am missing?

Thanks in advance.

Dec 28, 2019
Try disconnecting all drives that doesn't have windows and boot again (worked for me and changed the cable of my hdd to make all good again)

Tomzen69

Reputable
Jan 28, 2016
Board outside the case, if disconnecting the 8 pin power cable and starting the board, do case fans spin?
Sorry for late reply, No even with the board outside the case and only the cpu/cooler, ram, a case fan and the 24 pin connected it still has the same issue.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS