[SOLVED] PC build okay?

Jun 14, 2019
Hey guys
Im going to build my very first PC

the purpose of it would be gaming and livestreaming some pretty old, but maybe in the future some more recent games aswell. ( wc3 and wc3 reforged as soon as it comes out )

using x264 encoding ( I originally intended to use nvenc on a 3700x + 2070 super build but Ive changed my mind sort of last second )

CPU: 3900x
Mobo: ASUS TUF gaming x570
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16gb cl18
GPU: either a GTX 1660ti or RTX 2060 super or a RX 5700 XT, that might get replaced by a 2080ti down the line once my budget allows it. And for my current games that should be more than fine.
( im concerned because of DirectX 9/11/12 not always beeing so easy on AMD cards in wc3 )
PSU: Be Quiet Straight Power 11 750w
SSD: intel 660p 1TB
Case: Cooler Master H500

using a 60hz 1920x1080 Monitor

date of purchase and build : 24.09 - 10.10 depending on work shedule

I know the CPU is a big overkill for the GPU, but it should work just fine for its purpose and be a better upgrade path than having to upgrade both CPU and GPU. Or am I seeing this wrong?

is the Motherboard alright for the CPU and Ram? Ive got this recommended in another thread for its strong cooling, but I was asking for help with 3700x build then.

Windows: Im currently using a prebuild PC from 2013. Which had Win8 preinstalled on it and was upgraded to Win10 a while ago. Im not sure if I can/should try to create a boot medium on a stick and run this version on the new PC. Or if I should just get a completely fresh version of it?
Any ideas?

Thermal Paste: does it come pre-applied on the stock cooler? And should I add more? If so does it matter which brand I use ?

Cooler: is it actually possible to use the stock cooler for such a strong CPU ?
If the answer is no, can I replace it with something like the Dark Rock Pro 4 ?
I would like to stay away from liquid cooling as plugging the things in my Mainboard is gonna drive a PC noob like me to a stroke already.
( Im not looking to overclock anything )

Do I need additional cooling to all of this ?

thanks very much for every input !

Last edited:
Solution
Your build looks nice.
- Yes you are better off getting a stronger cpu if you plan to upgrade down the line.
-For the OS i would do a fresh install of windows and transfer your files you would like to keep to the new drive.
-The cooler does come with thermal paste pre installed, as far as a new cooler that is up to you. the stock cooler will do fine at cooling your cpu at stock speeds but if you plan on overclocking you will most likely need additional cooling power.
and the h500 comes with plenty of fans stock so you should be fine in that department.
Your build looks nice.
- Yes you are better off getting a stronger cpu if you plan to upgrade down the line.
-For the OS i would do a fresh install of windows and transfer your files you would like to keep to the new drive.
-The cooler does come with thermal paste pre installed, as far as a new cooler that is up to you. the stock cooler will do fine at cooling your cpu at stock speeds but if you plan on overclocking you will most likely need additional cooling power.
and the h500 comes with plenty of fans stock so you should be fine in that department.

Solution