PC Build Opinion

Mar 21, 2019
Got a new PC. Never had one before and don't know anything about them. I built one on CyberPowerPC. I know lots of people say build your own but I'm dumb with electronics. Did I do Ok on this build? Thank you for your time and opinions!
-CAS: LIAN LI PC-O11 Dynamic ATX Mid-Tower Dual chamber Gaming Case w/ USB 3.1 Type-C, Tempered glass on the front & side [+26] (Black Color)
-CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i7-8700K 3.70GHZ 12MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151 (Coffee Lake)
-FAN: NZXT Kraken M22 120mm RGB CPU Liquid Cooling System w/ Copper Cold Plate - Extreme Cooling Performance [+16] (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
-FREEBIE_SSD: 512GB Intel(R) 660P SERIES PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 1500/1000 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 90/220k
-POWERSUPPLY: 750 Watts - Corsair TX-M Series TX750M 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Semi-Modular Ultra Quiet Power Supply [+45]
-VIDEO: EVGA GeForce(R) GTX 1660 Ti XC GAMING 6GB GDDR6 (Turing) [VR Ready] [+26] (Single Card)
-HDD: 1TB WD Black SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 7200 RPM HDD [-74] (Single Drive)
-MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3000MHz Dual Channel Memory (GEIL EVO POTENZA)
-MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Prime Z390-P ATX w/ RGB, USB 3.1, 2 PCIe x16, 4 PCIe x1, 4 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe [+22]

That CPU cooler is not capable enough for that CPU, not really, even at the stock configuration without overclocking. It will work, but you may want to upgrade the cooling later when you find that it can't keep up under demanding conditions. If you have any plans to overclock, that just gets even worse.

The rest looks ok, but if you have not ordered this yet I'd advise against it as CyberpowerPC and iBuypowerPC, among others like Walmart prebuilt systems, have very poor assembly practices and horrible product support.

Reactions: felipe24
Mar 21, 2019
Thank you so much for info!! I will change the CPU Cooler ASAP! I'm sure I can find a video on how to. Any recommendations on which to get to fully support it? And unfortunately I have already purchased it and it arrives tomorrow. I didn't do my homework into looking into the bad reviews that CyberPowerPc has gotten until it was too late. Shame on me. It just seemed convenient and easy. Thanks again for your time!

Mar 21, 2019
Well my budget overall for the computer and monitor all together was $1500. Overall i have spent $1600. Soon as I pay off a bit, I'm cool with $100 or so. The other forum on this site said the Noctua NH-D15 at $90 was best. I'm ok with air cooling look instead of water. Seems like the value would be worth it. I live in the U.S. Also, I don't plan to overclock because I wouldn't know how or understand what to do.

Last edited:
I do not believe that cooler will fit that case. Surprisingly, that case only supports coolers up to 155mm tall according to the product page. That limits things tremendously.

There are really no CPU coolers below 155mm that would be recommended for that CPU, that are air. You will likely need to look at an AIO water cooler, which is really what that case was designed to be using anyhow. And by that, I mean a 240 or 280mm cooler, not a 120mm cooler like what it came with.

See how it does, monitor the temps using Core Temp or HWinfo (NOT HWmonitor). If using HWinfo, choose the "Sensors only" option when you start it up. If it does good enough with the cooler it has when gaming or running demanding applications, then leave it. If not, and by not, I mean anything over 80°C, then look at a larger AIO water cooler.

Reactions: felipe24
Mar 21, 2019
Thank you so much!!! You've been so helpful as I would not have known! I'll do everything you told me to.