[SOLVED] PC Build Plan

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
You could save some money and get a B450 mobo such as the MSI Tomahawk MAX (MAX just means its Ryzen 3000 ready). Believe it or not PCIe4 is not a massive game changer for 99% of people. Unless you deal with transferring or dealing huge files regularly you'll never see any difference between a PCIe3 and 4

The 2070 Super is between 15-20% faster then the 5700XT and you get the advantage of Nvidias superior drivers, although AMD is improving their they still have alot to be desired.

As far as the different X570 boards, I believe the Strix has slightly better VRMs however with a 3700X it probably wont make any difference, so save yourself the money and get the TUF.

Impala640

Reputable
Jan 21, 2019
You could save some money and get a B450 mobo such as the MSI Tomahawk MAX (MAX just means its Ryzen 3000 ready). Believe it or not PCIe4 is not a massive game changer for 99% of people. Unless you deal with transferring or dealing huge files regularly you'll never see any difference between a PCIe3 and 4

The 2070 Super is between 15-20% faster then the 5700XT and you get the advantage of Nvidias superior drivers, although AMD is improving their they still have alot to be desired.

As far as the different X570 boards, I believe the Strix has slightly better VRMs however with a 3700X it probably wont make any difference, so save yourself the money and get the TUF.
So what should I do?

All the builds look good, and if you have the budget, get the 2070 Super build. Personally I would save money and get a B450 mobo as I mentioned because as I have said PCIe4 advantages are slim right now for most people and unless you are going to be doing some moderate to heavy overclocks pretty much any decent mobo VRM is fine for a 3700X.

but should I get the ultra XC super litty awsome one?
Any brand and card will work there is little difference between them based on thermals/acoustics and you will probably get a 3-4% better performance from the most expensive 2070 super. If you mean the 3 slot card then yes its a really good card and because it has a big heatsink it should be really silent. If you want to save money you can look for the evga 2070 super black.

Impala640

Reputable
Jan 21, 2019
Any brand and card will work there is little difference between them based on thermals/acoustics and you will probably get a 3-4% better performance from the most expensive 2070 super. If you mean the 3 slot card then yes its a really good card and because it has a big heatsink it should be really silent. If you want to save money you can look for the evga 2070 super black.
I mean I do want to RGB so the MSI model is a good bet

The 2070 Super is only ~5% faster than the 5700XT while being 20% more expensive. https://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/2522?vs=2516

The 2070 Super is only ~5% faster than the 5700XT while being 20% more expensive. https://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/2522?vs=2516

Yeah 20% might have been a bit exaggerated but Nvidia does almost always beat AMD in performance at 1440P and realistically there is about a 10% overall performance difference. Also Nvidia performs better pretty much across the board at 4k

Having a 5700XT myself I think if I were to do it again id pay the more to have a slightly faster card with far superior drivers. I know the newest AMD drivers have fixed most the issues, they are still leagues away from Nvidia in the driver department

They also consume less power and for whatever its worth have Ray-tracing. Not to mention Nvidia cards overclock way better so in the long run I think you can get more life out of a Nvidia card.

Impala640

Reputable
Jan 21, 2019
Yeah 20% might have been a bit exaggerated but Nvidia does almost always beat AMD in performance at 1440P and realistically there is about a 10% overall performance difference. Also Nvidia performs better pretty much across the board at 4k

Having a 5700XT myself I think if I were to do it again id pay the more to have a slightly faster card with far superior drivers. I know the newest AMD drivers have fixed most the issues, they are still leagues away from Nvidia in the driver department

They also consume less power and for whatever its worth have Ray-tracing. Not to mention Nvidia cards overclock way better so in the long run I think you can get more life out of a Nvidia card.
I think im dead set on Nvidia as I am going to game at 1080p and I want the gpu to last. also side note but is ray tracing for minecraft out yet