Question PC Build Power Problem

Aug 8, 2021
PC Build Problem
Hi all, I'm having issues with a rebuild and I was hoping you could help. I have a new motherboard processor and PSU and I've put it all together. This is probably the fortieth build I've ever done so I'm not a complete novice, it has been a few years since I last built one though so I'm hoping I'm missing something obvious. However I'm unable to get this setup to boot. The LED lights are all on the motherboard. When I press the power button the case fans and the CPU fan briefly spin but that is as far as it goes.
I have been through the new build start up problem guide and tried all the steps. I believe it is a problem with the power supply why to the motherboard. There are two EATX power inputs. I have tried all combinations of each connection connected individually and both connected together.
I would really appreciate your help on this one.

PSU: Corsair RM850
Motherboard: Asus Tuf Gaming X570 plus
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in the build? As for the power connector to the EPS(top left hand corner of the motherboard), connect only the 8pin and leave the 4pin alone, for now. As for the motherboard, can you look around the top edge of the board around the CPU socket area to locate a white sticker that should have a 4 digit number which should state the BIOS version that the board came shipped with. You can parse the image of the motherboard if you're unable to understand what to look for on the board. You can host the image(s) on Imgur and then parse the link here for us to see.

As for the build, breadboard it with only the bare minimum, one stick of ram, discrete GPU, no boot drive and the CPU(ofc) with the PSU, see if you can get it to POST then into BIOS settings. Speaking of which, your specs are incomplete. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

since you've mentioned it being a rebuild, please parse the before and after specs, so it's two sets.

Aug 8, 2021
Hi, apologies for the delayed response, it has taken me a while to uncover the old specs!

The PSU is brand new.

The board details are: 630117 - 00455 - MB1180 - B04 1405

Current Setup
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
CPU Heatsink/Fan: Cryorig H7 49 CFM CPU Cooler Single Tower Heatsink with 120mm Fan
Motherboard: A Asus Tuf Gaming X570 plus
Ram: 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz DDR4-3000 Memory
SSD/HDD: Samsung 860 Evo MZ-76E1T0B/EU 1 TB
GPU: XFX Radeon R9 270
PSU: Corsair RM850
Chassis: Nanoxia Deep Silence 5 Rev. B Case - Anthracite Full Tower Case

Previous Setup
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6 Core AM4 CPU/Processor
CPU Heatsink/Fan: Cryorig H7 49 CFM CPU Cooler Single Tower Heatsink with 120mm Fan
Motherboard: ASRock X370 Taichi AMD X370 S AM4 DDR4 SATA3 ATX
Ram: 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz DDR4-3000 Memory
SSD/HDD: Samsung 860 Evo MZ-76E1T0B/EU 1 TB
GPU: XFX Radeon R9 270
PSU: XFX Pro XPS-750W-3XB XXX Edition Semi Modular Power Supply Unit
Chassis: Nanoxia Deep Silence 5 Rev. B Case - Anthracite Full Tower Case