[SOLVED] PC build suggestions

Nov 13, 2018
Hey guys!

I am about to buy a new PC so selected following components: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/Yg8ND2

Honestly I am struggling the most with case & PSU. But please concider all of the components as there is always something I don't know about each part.

I am buying this mostly for games like CS:GO, Diablo 3, Overwatch etc. & coding. I would love to close within 1200£ including Win10, wireless network adapter & maybe some case fans if you think they might be helpfull.

So any suggestions/examples appriaciated to all of the components based on above picks/concept.

Thank you very much!

Solution
As for cases, they are a bit subjective and it really comes down to what you want it to look like. Unless you are targeting performance, then you want cases with mesh fronts and plenty of fans. Phanteks Enthoo Pro M is my typical recommendation for the front panel mesh, open top, decent appearance, and extremely modular internals. Meshify C is another common no frills case I see a lot.

Trend these days is tempered glass and RBG fans, motherboards, memory, GPUs. I'm not huge into it, though I do have an RGB motherboard and I could light up my GPU. Basically I just have it on a near white color to illuminate the interior a little.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Might be a little overkill for the games you listed, but it will last a good while.

Nothing wrong with your part selection that I can see. Semi-modular power supplies mean that the main ATX 24-pin and usually the EPS connector are hard wired to the PSU, but the other connectors are modular. Not a big deal, but if you ever wanted to do custom cabling it would mean a new power supply or some serious sleeving efforts.

Nov 13, 2018
Sounds fair, don't bother to much about cables. I was struggling if PSU is a good/enough for this build.

This is what I thought, an overkill but nobody knows what game will get my attention in the future. Most import that it will last long as you mentiond, thanks

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
As for cases, they are a bit subjective and it really comes down to what you want it to look like. Unless you are targeting performance, then you want cases with mesh fronts and plenty of fans. Phanteks Enthoo Pro M is my typical recommendation for the front panel mesh, open top, decent appearance, and extremely modular internals. Meshify C is another common no frills case I see a lot.

Trend these days is tempered glass and RBG fans, motherboards, memory, GPUs. I'm not huge into it, though I do have an RGB motherboard and I could light up my GPU. Basically I just have it on a near white color to illuminate the interior a little.

Solution
Nov 13, 2018
I am not feeling like into it too. It is more curiosity to get the one with tempered glass than anything else. So still struggling if this is a good choice.
Already checked that Phanteks Enthoo Pro M, looks really nice but for now I am with cheapr NZXT - S340 Elite. I will definitly have a look on that Meshify C.

Thanks again!

EDIT: I even found that Phanteks Enthoo Pro M cheaper! Looks like I will change my mind now