PC Build Websites

Sep 29, 2018
Hello. The last time I bought a new gaming PC was in 2008. I saved for many years and spared no expense. I purchased it from a website that allowed me to pick the components and then they built the PC and shipped it. Without adding a lot of nonsense software that companies like Dell and HP do. The company was called Vigor Gaming and I have been very satisfied with my PC these last 10 years. Sadly, Vigor went out of business long ago. What other companies exist that provide a similar product and service?

Supermuncher85

Distinguished
Just to list a few Origin, Pudget, letsbld (EVGA), falcon, ibuypower, cyberpower, Maingear, Xidax, Digital storm.

This list is in no way complete and in no particular order of preference.

Careful with any of those sites. You never want the default builds. The default cooling, PSU, case and motherboard are usually junk. It also gives them a bad reputation because people buy their bulk junk builds off sites like Newegg or Amazon.

Unless their techs can't put parts together. Legos are more difficult. As long as you choose good components. You should get a good build.

There are two sites I know of which offer a range of choices. CyberpowerPC and iBuyPower. Cyberpowerpc offers a wider range of options the last time I checked. They each have European and North American websites. Just make sure you don't click a reseller link like Newegg or Amazon.

Building it yourself is not particularly difficult. As I said. Legos sets are more difficult to assemble. The only real sensitive part is installing the CPU. Due to the fragile pins. If you want to save any headaches on the OS. Get the retail version of Windows 10 which includes the USB flash drive. It usually doesn't cost much more on PCPartpicker. This saves you the trouble of creating an installation drive. The OEM version usually just includes a DVD which many builds don't have a drive for.