Question PC build wont boot at all

May 3, 2019
I recently built a PC and got all the hardware put together but for some reason, it won't boot. It is giving me an odd series of lights that I believe is an error code but I cannot find what it is trying to tell me anywhere on the interwebs. When I start the computer, it begins to run for about 3-5 seconds then stops entirely, then tries to start again for about 5-7 seconds then stops until I press the power button again. During this time, a solid, orange light is displayed on the motherboard which stops and starts along with the rest of the build. Any help would be much appreciated

Specs:
MOBO: Gigabyte Z270-D3P
CPU: I7-7700K
GPU: Radeon RTX 550 GTS
PSU: Rosewill 850w
Memory: Timetec 16G DDR4 2133 mHz

rigg42

Respectable
Oct 17, 2018
I'm guessing it's that off-brand RAM you are using. Remove everything out of the equation until you successfully post.
Don't plug in any drives or accessories/peripherals. Only use a single ram stick. Try each stick one at a time. Re-seat 24pin and 8 pin EPS power connections on Mobo. Use on-board graphics until you post.

May 3, 2019
I'm guessing it's that off-brand RAM you are using. Remove everything out of the equation until you successfully post.
Don't plug in any drives or accessories/peripherals. Only use a single ram stick. Try each stick one at a time. Re-seat 24pin and 8 pin EPS power connections on Mobo. Use on-board graphics until you post.
Will it post without RAM? I was under the impression that it wouldnt but I'm not the most knowledgable when it comes to building pcs

TRENDING THREADS