PC build works without the GPU but black screen with GPU

Jul 20, 2018
I built a pc and it works fine without the GPU, but when I install the GPU everything starts. But the problem is after a few seconds the GPU fans stops from spinning and the display shows no signal. I can't find what is the problem ? My motherboard is the ASRock B360M-HDV, the CPU is an intel i5 8600, the GPU is Gigabyte geforce gtx 1060 3 gb and the PSU is 600W. Also, on the GPU box it says a 400W PSU should make it work so I really have no clue.

Last thing, I don't know if this changes anything but Windows is not installed yet on the pc.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Solution
What's the exact PSU? There are 600W PSUs that are excellent 600W PSUs and there are 600W PSUs that are horrific 300W PSUs.

I assume you're connecting the monitor to the GPU and not to the motherboard when the GPU is in installed. Is this correct?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
What's the exact PSU? There are 600W PSUs that are excellent 600W PSUs and there are 600W PSUs that are horrific 300W PSUs.

I assume you're connecting the monitor to the GPU and not to the motherboard when the GPU is in installed. Is this correct?

Solution
Jul 20, 2018

The exact PSU is Thermaltake Smart series, but I don't know if thats a good one and I tried with the display plugged in the GPU and plugged in the motherboard

EDIT : I tried again what you said and it worked ! Thanks ! Guess I was a little bit dumb

TRENDING THREADS