Question PC Build

Apr 13, 2019
So, I previously posted a question about my pc build and I 100% [censored] Up. I have my mother board, psu, cpu, graphics card, ram and hard drive. But what I forgot was if my motherboard was compatible with my pc case.

So my question is what motherboard should I get to fit my ancient hp pavilion 1720n or what case should I get to fit my sff 1155 Optiplex 720 Board?

Moderator's Warning: No swearing allowed on these forums! 😡

Many prebuilt computers from large companies use their own custom made mainboard, and a general MB that follow ATX standard may not fit.

You haven't provided any links or pictures, so I advice you to take a look inside and compare to a ATX motherboard.

There are some spechial solutions (on Optiplex computers) where CPU cooler is kind of merged into the cabinet structure, so that another motherboard will likely not fit. Or there may be used some off-standard cables to front panel too.

Don't use OEM motherboards or cases there are way too many that are custom shapes, use custom adapters, not good for video card compatability. Start from the beginning, what parts exactly do you have and what you trying to do here. If you have some Dell motherboard, replace that with a standard motherboard that will run your CPU and get a standard case for it.