[SOLVED] PC Build

Aug 13, 2020
I am fairly new to PC Building and I wanted to make sure all my parts were compatible, I have done my own research and I'm pretty sure they're all compatible but I'd like some reassurance that they are compatible

Case: Aerocool Cylon RGB Mid tower

Mobo: ASROCK b450m pro4

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600

Gpu: XFX RADEON RX 580 XXX Edition

Hdd: Seagate Bare Drives BarraCuda 1tb

Psu: Thermaltake Smart 430w

Ram: Corsair vengeance LPX 8GB

Solution
Your psu is garbage, group regulated, too low wattage, will cause damage in the long run. You need to look for a unit that is, at the very least, dc to dc on the secondary side.

Is your ram 2x8gb 3200Mhz cl 16?
You have a ssd? If not, get one. The ssd performance is actually life changing.
Your psu is garbage, group regulated, too low wattage, will cause damage in the long run. You need to look for a unit that is, at the very least, dc to dc on the secondary side.

Solution
Aug 13, 2020

Can you suggest a good psu I was going for around a 45 to 50 dollar psu since I am doing a budget build and my ram is 1 x 8gb ddr4 dram 2400MHz C16, adding more ram and an ssd later on

Can you suggest a good psu I was going for around a 45 to 50 dollar psu since I am doing a budget build and my ram is 1 x 8gb ddr4 dram 2400MHz C16, adding more ram and an ssd later on
No, I can't. At that price point in these times, there are ZERO options. If you were to have a gtx 1650S instead, you could opt for a evga br. But the rx580 is a bit too high power usage to recommend a budget 450w unit. With a rx580 you'd be looking at a 550w unit.

There is no short changing on the psu. Either you pay for a quality unit or you pay for a unit that will kill your pc over time, suddenly, or kill itself randomly.

Aug 13, 2020
No, I can't. At that price point in these times, there are ZERO options. If you were to have a gtx 1650S instead, you could opt for a evga br. But the rx580 is a bit too high power usage to recommend a budget 450w unit. With a rx580 you'd be looking at a 550w unit.

There is no short changing on the psu. Either you pay for a quality unit or you pay for a unit that will kill your pc over time, suddenly, or kill itself randomly.
Ok got it, would the EVGA 550w psu be a good fit?

No, group regulated units shouldn't be used unless it's an older system pre 2012. Otherwise, the risk of cross load and problems with sleep states are present. It doesn't matter what gpu you have, the only thing that changes is the unit wattage.

Here is a list you can cross check from, you want tier B or higher, but there are some ok tier C as well, but you gotta double check.