Question PC Building help please

Aug 27, 2024
Friends I need help from an experienced PC builder or a professional,

Here is my build on pcpartpicker:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/turalrz/saved/BHD98d

I know this is an overkill for 99.99% of humans dead and alive but stay with me my specialty is in a different industry therefore i might have some silly obvious mistakes here.

Please keep in mind that I will be opting for the new X3D versions of the top amd cpu when they come out in January approx (in deep hopes rumors are true)

I will also be opting for a RTX 5090 therefore this build will not be executed before the cpu and the gpu will come out.

However I want to get all the other parts straight and have it as future proofed as possible as im only dropping this kind of crazy money on a pc once and never again.

My main concern is that all the connections work and obviously all the parts are suitable for each other. Hoping that one of you could save me hours/days of research and headache by dedicating a few minutes on this post.

Please let me know what extras I have to buy (connectors,adaptors,cables etc.) to make this work or if I have to change any of the parts. I am going for the most high end build and aiming for specifically top tier X3D cpu and top tier nvidia GPU and all parts with the latest and the FASTEST connections.

Cooling plan for the build:
For the fans and cooling the 420mm CPU AIO is self explanatory, going to use it at the top of the case as (exhaust)
Other than that, I have 9 corsair iCUE LINK QX120 RGB 120mm (they come in a pack of 3 therefore planning to purchase 3 of these packs totalling 9 120mm fans)
4 120mm on the front of the case (intake)
4 120mm on the side of the case (intake)
1 120 mm fan on the back of the case (exhaust)

The 120mm 3 packs case fans come as this: (am i buying 2 extra link system hubs and link cables or i need all of these?)
  • 3x CORSAIR QX120 RGB Fans
  • 1x iCUE LINK System Hub
  • 1x iCUE LINK Cable, 600mm
Here are the notes that you will see on the pcpartpicker list which confuse me as this should not be true.
  • Note: A USB 3.2 Gen 1 to USB 2.0 header adapter is required.
  • Note: A USB 3.2 Gen 2 to USB 3.2 Gen 1 header adapter is required.
  • Note: Fan compatibility checking is currently not supported.
  • Note: The Corsair 7000D AIRFLOW ATX Full Tower Case front panel USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type C port needs a motherboard USB 3.2 Gen 2 header but none are available. The USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type C port will not be usable.
  • Disclaimer: Some physical constraints are not checked, such as RAM clearance with CPU Coolers

Aug 27, 2024
Did you have any specific reason to choose that SSD and that case?
SSD due to the speed, But I do not mind switching to other brands as long as its fast, and the case, well, I like the design and it has really good airflow and spaces for a lot of fans therefore decided that it is a good option

What do you need that network adapter for, are you making a server? Some new MBs come with 2.5Gbps anyway and to be able to use full speed everything else has to be as fast and internet not even close.
9 case fans ? Having a liquid cooler it already comes with 3 fans that are included in case cooling as intake or exhaust. For best airflow, intake and exhaust should be balance so 3 fans doing opposite from radiator fans is quite sufficient, more fans (than necessary) are not going to cool any better but make more noise. You will also need some powered hubs for fans and their LEDs to use them all and nightmare to connect, manage wiring and control.
As for x870 chipset MB you should wait for a while for other makers and models to appear and check experiences with them.
PCIe v5.0 NVME drives heat like crazy, If MB doesn't have sufficient cooler, you have to count on finding one all for minimal if any practical gain.
1000W PSU is more than enough as that system would run same with a good 850W.

Reactions: Why_Me and turalrz

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
That particular motherboard does come with 5Gbps ethernet. Do you have 10Gbps equipment for the other end?

I would downsize to the 4000D unless you are planning for a lot of expansion.

You are not likely to get DDR5 8000 working unless you really like to tinker.

PSU is oversized as mentioned. Enough to run two 4090.

Cheap AIO, swap the fans with the Static Pressure fans in the iCue kit. The other kit is to populate the remaining case fans, thus the airflow models.

That X670E motherboard has built in 10Gbps if you need it, otherwise there are far cheaper motherboard options.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 9950X 4.3 GHz 16-Core Processor ($623.29 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: ID-COOLING FX360 PRO 82.5 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus ProArt X670E-CREATOR WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard ($429.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory ($249.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital WD_Black SN850X 4 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive ($304.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Asus ROG STRIX GAMING OC GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB Video Card ($2399.90 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case ($92.15 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair RM1000x SHIFT 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular Side Interface ATX Power Supply ($169.99 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: Corsair iCUE SP120 RGB ELITE 47.7 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack ($56.49 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: Corsair iCUE AF120 RGB ELITE 65.57 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack ($70.98 @ Amazon)
Total: $4457.76
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-08-27 10:32 EDT-0400