[SOLVED] PC BUILT

Jul 11, 2020
Please keep your new build discussion to 1 thread.
Hello everyone , I am brand new to this forum , so please don't go harsh on me , also I am also new to pc specs. so don't hate on me :D .

This is my built

PS: I already have a case but I don't what case it is , but I will try to find out . I use my SSD as storage because I only use PC for gaming and the games I play don't use much storage . And the most important : this is all a pc under a budget so please don't recommend my crazy prices specs :) .​
-Should I use a CPU cooler or the CPU is fine by himself ?​
-Is Ryzen 5 3600 and 5700-XT Pulse a good combo or does it have a lot of bottleneck ?​
-Is the case realllllyyy important or a random one does the job ?​
-Should I go with Pulse or another brand ? On my country the ASROCK 5700-XT is with discount , should I go for it or stick with Pulse ?​
I know that pulse has less noice and better cooling that why I went for it .​
-Do you have any recommendations for Power Supply ?​
-Is my motherboard fine ? Should I go for a cheaper one or a more expensive one ?​
-About the gpu , should I go for AMD because its chepear and it has a better performance or Nvidia because of ray tracing and new technologies ?​
-And If I buy this PC how many years would it take for a need to upgrade ?​
Give ALL your thoughts on this build and tips for the future .​
Waiting your response , thank you all !​

Solution
OK. Let's break it down.

The CPU comes with a cooler.
You NEED to have a cooler on top of the CPU to cool it.
If you don't, it will get EXTREMELY hot SUPER fast, and then shut down the system and not work.
Probably burn itself too and the socket. So use a cooler.

AMD is not better performance than Nvidia in general, but for the price they are when strictly looking at video games and nothing else, and ONLY comparing the price for what you get from the 5700 XT compared to the price of an RTX 2070 or 2070 Super, but AMD does not offer anything higher performing so there is no comparison to anything from Nvidia that is higher tier than a 2070 Super.

Get whichever 5700 XT is at the best price and save some money, but you can stick with...
You should use a cpu cooler. but im pretty sure you meant the included cooler, which is fine.

Those cpu and gpu are a good match

You should not worry much about the case, as long as it has minimum 1 exhaust fan, and preferably 1 intake. and that it looks cool

Brand doesnt matter much, as long as the cooling is good enough for you liking.

As for psu, google psu tier list on the ltt forum. any model in B tier and up should be good. I would go for a B+ though, but B is enough.

As for motherboard, its good enough, but if B550 is not too expensive, try getting one of those.

Nvidia or AMD, really depends on what you want. features or performance.

Depends on how much games advance, and what you will call playable in 2-4 years.

Its a pretty good machine

Hello everyone , I am brand new to this forum , so please don't go harsh on me , also I am also new to pc specs. so don't hate on me :D .

This is my built

PS: I already have a case but I don't what case it is , but I will try to find out . I use my SSD as storage because I only use PC for gaming and the games I play don't use much storage . And the most important : this is all a pc under a budget so please don't recommend my crazy prices specs :) .​
-Should I use a CPU cooler or the CPU is fine by himself ?​
-Is Ryzen 5 3600 and 5700-XT Pulse a good combo or does it have a lot of bottleneck ?​
-Is the case realllllyyy important or a random one does the job ?​
-Should I go with Pulse or another brand ? On my country the ASROCK 5700-XT is with discount , should I go for it or stick with Pulse ?​
I know that pulse has less noice and better cooling that why I went for it .​
-Do you have any recommendations for Power Supply ?​
-Is my motherboard fine ? Should I go for a cheaper one or a more expensive one ?​
-About the gpu , should I go for AMD because its chepear and it has a better performance or Nvidia because of ray tracing and new technologies ?​
-And If I buy this PC how many years would it take for a need to upgrade ?​
Give ALL your thoughts on this build and tips for the future .​
Waiting your response , thank you all !​
Another thing, i noticed the monitor you chose.
its bad.
really bad.
get a better one.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
OK. Let's break it down.

If you don't, it will get EXTREMELY hot SUPER fast, and then shut down the system and not work.

AMD is not better performance than Nvidia in general, but for the price they are when strictly looking at video games and nothing else, and ONLY comparing the price for what you get from the 5700 XT compared to the price of an RTX 2070 or 2070 Super, but AMD does not offer anything higher performing so there is no comparison to anything from Nvidia that is higher tier than a 2070 Super.

Get whichever 5700 XT is at the best price and save some money, but you can stick with Pulse if you like.

Cannot recommend a power supply because of two things:
#1. I don't know your budget.
#2. I don't know your country.
Price and availability of brands and models varies across the world.

The motherboard is fine.
It is affordable and will work out of the box with 3000 series Ryzen without needing a BIOS update.
And if you are getting it for it's typical retail value, t hen it's a good budget option, and buying a B550 board would cost you about $50 USD more (whatever that translates to in your country), but it won't necessarily be any better. (PCIe Gen4 support....... that's about it. And crappier VRM's on most boards)

As for how long it would last before NEEDING to upgrade? That depends, but I would say it could last anywhere from 5 years at the minimum, and up to 10 years depending on what you're willing to settle for in terms of graphics and resolutions settings along with what you consider acceptable frame rates, not to mention how video games are kind of starting to peak in terms of hardware requirements to run them these days.

Solution
Jul 11, 2020
Another thing, i noticed the monitor you chose.
its bad.
really bad.
get a better one.
Like how bad is it ? Does it overkill all my machine ? I couldn't find the quality , I think its not 1080p.

And 2-4 years without upgrade doesn´t seem enough for me , If I do have to upgrade what upgrade would it be ? gpu ?

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2020
OK. Let's break it down.

Get whichever 5700 XT is at the best price and save some money, but you can stick with Pulse if you like.

Cannot recommend a power supply because of two things:
#1. I don't know your budget.
#2. I don't know your country.
Price and availability of brands and models varies across the world.

The motherboard is fine.
It is affordable and will work out of the box with 3000 series Ryzen without needing a BIOS update.
And if you are getting it for it's typical retail value, t hen it's a good budget option, and buying a B550 board would cost you about $50 USD more (whatever that translates to in your country), but it won't necessarily be any better. (PCIe Gen4 support....... that's about it. And crappier VRM's on most boards)

As for how long it would last before NEEDING to upgrade? That depends, but I would say it could last anywhere from 5 years at the minimum, and up to 10 years depending on what you're willing to settle for in terms of graphics and resolutions settings along with what you consider acceptable frame rates, not to mention how video games are kind of starting to peak in terms of hardware requirements to run them these days.

Thanks man I appreciate the help !

My budget for power supply is max. 100 euros (btw I am from Portugal) .

I saw people talking about 5700-XT overheating thats why I said Pulse because it has a good cooling system , when you said to go with the best price one , is the ASROCK 57000-XT Challenger good ?

About the AMD vs Nvidia , in your opinion is the ray tracing and the new tech really important ? or going with an AMD won't do it for +5 years because of the new tech ?

Last edited:

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
I personally don't care about ray tracing.
It's not even a thing really with current 20 series GPU's.
With Ray Tracing being on consoles for the next generation, and with the much needed improvements to RTX on the 30 series, I expect both hardware, and games to be better at it in the near future, but ray tracing on current 20 series RTX is a joke.
But 30 series will be better in terms of the RTX hardware, not to mention that AMD has got something up their sleeves for their new RDNA2 cards that'll be releasing later this year as well for Ray Tracing seeing as how Ray Tracing is being done using RDNA2 graphics on consoles for the new generation.

In regards to graphics, I personally choose Nvidia over AMD and pay the price for it because of a couple of things.
The drivers are just better handled overall, and don't take as long to mature.

Lower power consumption while maintaining high performance and reasonable temps.

Nvidia has a dedicated built in encoder chip on their graphics cards which I use for video encoding for live streaming so I don't have to use CPU or anything else.

Games that support upscaling with DLSS 1.0 and 2.0 are nice to have using Nvidia.
TXAA Anti Aliasing is dope as well with equivalent quality to 8x MSAA but without nearly as much performance loss.

And for me, I always choose to spend money on the higher end and AMD doesn't offer higher end.
I currently have a 1080 Ti right now and will continue to have it for some time to come before I upgrade because it plays 1440p high preset at an average of 100fps on modern AAA titles.

But for a tighter budget, the 5700 XT is a good option for a lot of people, especially if they don't care about stupid gimmicky marketing stuff like Ray Tracing, and only want to game and don't plan on streaming or using GPU assisted video encoding for video editing.

For just gaming and getting frame rates on a budget, the 5700 XT is good.
I would personally wait until RDNA2 comes out though, because we're getting close and you don't want buyers remorse.
Alternative option is that you wait until the holiday season for RDNA2, and buy current 5700 XT for discount due to holiday sales and release of newer cards saving you money.

I think the ASRock should be fine.
I've been seeing a lot of people having issues with Sapphire here on the forums, but then again, that could just be because of user error, or they got unlucky and just simply got a card from a bad batch. Who knows.

As it stands, the 5700 XT is perfect for 1440p gaming right now and will continue to be for at least 5 years, but as I said, if you want to wait until later this year, then the new RDNA2 cards will come out, and that might be a better investment.

Unless you plan on trying to overclock your CPU to the highest levels, then you are fine using the default cooler.
Also, in regards to overclocking super hard, you would need a pretty high end motherboard and that isn't all that cheap costing somewhere around $250-$300 to get the most out of the CPU that you can possibly try to get.

Just use the default cooler, and if you want to overclock, just set the all core overclock to be what it boosts to on single core which is 4.2GHz

But if you really want after market cooling, it depends on a few things.
#1. Do you prefer air cooling or AiO?
#2. Depending on what PC case you use, you may not be able to support an AiO.
#3. Depending on what PC case you use again, you may not be able to support some of the larger and taller air coolers limiting your choices for coolers yet again.

And lastly, if you were to wait until the holiday season, the new 4000 series CPU's will also release and so you'll have a few choices:
#1. Get new 4000 series CPU and RDNA 2 graphics.
#2. Get current gen at a lower price because of the holiday and release of new stuff.
#3. Mix and match current gen with new gen such as current CPU at lower price, with new GPU.

Living where you live and for that budget, you can look into some Seasonic or Corsair PSU's.
From Seasonic I suggest their FOCUS series.

From Corsair, you can look at whatever is the best deal for the following:
CX series (2017 version or newer. Grey label not green label)
RM series (2017 and newer)
RMx Series (most anything from all the way back to 2010 works)

I suggest 80+ Bronze or Gold rated.

Can be non modular, semi-modular, or fully modular, doesn't matter, it's a personal preference. But with a tight budget you shouldn't be too picky.

And the wattage should be at least 600w for the 5700 XT.

Jul 11, 2020
I personally don't care about ray tracing.
It's not even a thing really with current 20 series GPU's.
With Ray Tracing being on consoles for the next generation, and with the much needed improvements to RTX on the 30 series, I expect both hardware, and games to be better at it in the near future, but ray tracing on current 20 series RTX is a joke.
But 30 series will be better in terms of the RTX hardware, not to mention that AMD has got something up their sleeves for their new RDNA2 cards that'll be releasing later this year as well for Ray Tracing seeing as how Ray Tracing is being done using RDNA2 graphics on consoles for the new generation.

In regards to graphics, I personally choose Nvidia over AMD and pay the price for it because of a couple of things.
The drivers are just better handled overall, and don't take as long to mature.

Lower power consumption while maintaining high performance and reasonable temps.

Nvidia has a dedicated built in encoder chip on their graphics cards which I use for video encoding for live streaming so I don't have to use CPU or anything else.

Games that support upscaling with DLSS 1.0 and 2.0 are nice to have using Nvidia.
TXAA Anti Aliasing is dope as well with equivalent quality to 8x MSAA but without nearly as much performance loss.

And for me, I always choose to spend money on the higher end and AMD doesn't offer higher end.
I currently have a 1080 Ti right now and will continue to have it for some time to come before I upgrade because it plays 1440p high preset at an average of 100fps on modern AAA titles.

But for a tighter budget, the 5700 XT is a good option for a lot of people, especially if they don't care about stupid gimmicky marketing stuff like Ray Tracing, and only want to game and don't plan on streaming or using GPU assisted video encoding for video editing.

For just gaming and getting frame rates on a budget, the 5700 XT is good.
I would personally wait until RDNA2 comes out though, because we're getting close and you don't want buyers remorse.
Alternative option is that you wait until the holiday season for RDNA2, and buy current 5700 XT for discount due to holiday sales and release of newer cards saving you money.

I think the ASRock should be fine.
I've been seeing a lot of people having issues with Sapphire here on the forums, but then again, that could just be because of user error, or they got unlucky and just simply got a card from a bad batch. Who knows.

As it stands, the 5700 XT is perfect for 1440p gaming right now and will continue to be for at least 5 years, but as I said, if you want to wait until later this year, then the new RDNA2 cards will come out, and that might be a better investment.

Unless you plan on trying to overclock your CPU to the highest levels, then you are fine using the default cooler.
Also, in regards to overclocking super hard, you would need a pretty high end motherboard and that isn't all that cheap costing somewhere around $250-$300 to get the most out of the CPU that you can possibly try to get.

Just use the default cooler, and if you want to overclock, just set the all core overclock to be what it boosts to on single core which is 4.2GHz

But if you really want after market cooling, it depends on a few things.
#1. Do you prefer air cooling or AiO?
#2. Depending on what PC case you use, you may not be able to support an AiO.
#3. Depending on what PC case you use again, you may not be able to support some of the larger and taller air coolers limiting your choices for coolers yet again.

And lastly, if you were to wait until the holiday season, the new 4000 series CPU's will also release and so you'll have a few choices:
#1. Get new 4000 series CPU and RDNA 2 graphics.
#2. Get current gen at a lower price because of the holiday and release of new stuff.
#3. Mix and match current gen with new gen such as current CPU at lower price, with new GPU.

Living where you live and for that budget, you can look into some Seasonic or Corsair PSU's.
From Seasonic I suggest their FOCUS series.

From Corsair, you can look at whatever is the best deal for the following:
CX series (2017 version or newer. Grey label not green label)
RM series (2017 and newer)
RMx Series (most anything from all the way back to 2010 works)

I suggest 80+ Bronze or Gold rated.

Can be non modular, semi-modular, or fully modular, doesn't matter, it's a personal preference. But with a tight budget you shouldn't be too picky.

And the wattage should be at least 600w for the 5700 XT.

Thanks for everything man ! :D

I really appreciate all the help

Is there anything I can do to upvote your profile ?

Just some last things:

When 4000 comes out should I stick to my ryzen 5 3600 or upgrade to ryzen 7/9 , I cant pay more than 200 euros.

About the gpu , I wont be able to buy the new ones because they will be too expensive , will the 5700-XT still do the job ?

Btw , I changed my MBD to an ASUS TUF Gaming b550 Plus , is it good and will it fit with all the specs ? if in the future I need to change CPU will it be able to ?

And how many fans should I have on my pc ? I am planning to get an ATX Corsair Carbide SPEC-05 and it has 6 fan mount points.

Last edited:

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
populate as many fan spots as you can to maximize airflow and case cooling.

If you already have a 3600 then keep it.
a b550 is the newest board, so it should easily support new CPU's in the future for a couple of generations.

And since you basically want to get a GPU, then yeah, the 5700 XT is fine, and I would still wait until the holiday season to snag a cheaper deal on it, maybe for black Friday even.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
in regards to upvoting, you can simply upvote a post (like this one for example) by clicking hte up arrow next to the post, but if one of my posts or someone elses answered your questions and essentially solved your probelms, consider giving it best answer.
How to do is to click the trophy icon next to the post you want to select as best answer.

more details and information can be found by clicking the link in my signature or clicking the link here in this post.

Jul 11, 2020
Hi everyone ,

I am trying to build a pc and I want to get the Radeon 5700-XT , on my country the ASROCK Challenger is at discount (370 euros) and the GPU I wanted to get the Sapphire 5700-XT Pulse is at 420 euros which is quite a lot of difference under my budget . And I was wondering is the difference between these two worth 50 euros .

Can someone clarify me , about everything , in terms of NOISE (very important for me) , cooling , performance , ...

Thanks , waiting on a response !

Jul 11, 2020
Hello ,

After some diging on specs and a lot of questions in forums this is the built I made : built

Is it good , is it going to longer +5 years without upgrades ?

Any improvements I can do low budget ?

Can all the specs by upgraded some day without paying crazy prizes (in terms of compatibility) ?

Don't mind the monitor I need to buy a new one .

Tell me ALL your thoughts on this built :D

Thanks everyone , waiting a response !

I just did a similar build. I would switch you motherboard out for something a bit cheaper, around the 100$ ish range. I used the Asus ROG Strix B450 f Gaming. Also, instead of that PSU, I would get an EVGA 600BR. I just got one for 65$ on Amazon and it runs great. Nice CPU-GPU combo though!

Jul 11, 2020
I just did a similar build. I would switch you motherboard out for something a bit cheaper, around the 100$ ish range. I used the Asus ROG Strix B450 f Gaming. Also, instead of that PSU, I would get an EVGA 600BR. I just got one for 65$ on Amazon and it runs great. Nice CPU-GPU combo though!

I only went to that motherboard because it has support to the next CPU generation already

Hello ,

After some diging on specs and a lot of questions in forums this is the built I made : built

Is it good , is it going to longer +5 years without upgrades ?

Any improvements I can do low budget ?

Can all the specs by upgraded some day without paying crazy prizes (in terms of compatibility) ?

Don't mind the monitor I need to buy a new one .

Tell me ALL your thoughts on this built :D

Thanks everyone , waiting a response !
i changed it a little bit:https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KxWHyk
i stayed with ryzen 5 3600,because its a great budget option.I switched the mobo for the MSI one since i dont know what is so special on the TUF mobo that needs to be 50$ more expensive.I went with a aftermarket cooler since the stock one is kinda trash.I went with 3600mhz ram over 3200mhz,its 3$ cheaper and it will only give you more fps+it has rgb.Personally i dont think only having a 480gb ssd is enough.Instead i put a 240gb m.2 for windows which is much faster than a ssd,and put a 2TB hdd for games and other stuff.I went with xfx version of 5700 xt just because its cheaper,same performance,and has 1 more fan than the sapphire one.I stayed with the same case since you can choose that.I switched the PSU since i dont see a reason to pay 120$ for a 650W 80+ bronze psu,so i went with a evga br 600 which has similar wattage,also has 80+ bronze effeciency verification and its 2 times more cheaper.What do you think?

Jul 11, 2020
i changed it a little bit:https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KxWHyk
i stayed with ryzen 5 3600,because its a great budget option.I switched the mobo for the MSI one since i dont know what is so special on the TUF mobo that needs to be 50$ more expensive.I went with a aftermarket cooler since the stock one is kinda trash.I went with 3600mhz ram over 3200mhz,its 3$ cheaper and it will only give you more fps+it has rgb.Personally i dont think only having a 480gb ssd is enough.Instead i put a 240gb m.2 for windows which is much faster than a ssd,and put a 2TB hdd for games and other stuff.I went with xfx version of 5700 xt just because its cheaper,same performance,and has 1 more fan than the sapphire one.I stayed with the same case since you can choose that.I switched the PSU since i dont see a reason to pay 120$ for a 650W 80+ bronze psu,so i went with a evga br 600 which has similar wattage,also has 80+ bronze effeciency verification and its 2 times more cheaper.What do you think?
First thing , thanks for giving your opinion and recommendations !

I choose the TUF one because it on discount on the most trustworthy shop on my country , and that shop doesnt sell the MSI one (which is kinda sad tbh).

I did't pick a cooler because when I was searching for information on ryzen 5 3600 people said that his cooler can handle him by himself , and that there was no need to another cooler.

I totally agree with you about the RAM , but again sorry for not including this on my thread , the RAM that I picked is cheaper than the non RGB one from corsair and it way cheaper than the one you choose , again because its in discount (sorry for not including that).

About the SDD , I have an old pc right now , the only spec can «reuse» from it is the SDD , I dont need that HDD because I only use my pc for gaming and in the future if I end up needing it its easy to do an upgrade.

And why do you change an 448 GB SDD to an 240 GB , the less the better ?

another thing (i am new to pc specs) whats a m.2 ? and why is it faster for windows ?

On the GPU topic , I have a open thread on the gpu's forum about the Pulse VS ASROCK (its cheaper on my country) , I dont want to go for the XFX because I heard a lot of complains on that gpu , and the sapphire one is less noisy and even though it has only 2 fans I think it has a better cooling system than the XFX .
Does the XFX realy has better performance than the PULSE ?

On the PSU , I think the one you suggested is worse than mine , on efficiency but I am not sure

Do you agree with me , if not tell me why , I dont mind :D , I just want to learn more about specs

First thing , thanks for giving your opinion and recommendations !

I choose the TUF one because it on discount on the most trustworthy shop on my country , and that shop doesnt sell the MSI one (which is kinda sad tbh).

I did't pick a cooler because when I was searching for information on ryzen 5 3600 people said that his cooler can handle him by himself , and that there was no need to another cooler.

I totally agree with you about the RAM , but again sorry for not including this on my thread , the RAM that I picked is cheaper than the non RGB one from corsair and it way cheaper than the one you choose , again because its in discount (sorry for not including that).

About the SDD , I have an old pc right now , the only spec can «reuse» from it is the SDD , I dont need that HDD because I only use my pc for gaming and in the future if I end up needing it its easy to do an upgrade.

And why do you change an 448 GB SDD to an 240 GB , the less the better ?

another thing (i am new to pc specs) whats a m.2 ? and why is it faster for windows ?

On the GPU topic , I have a open thread on the gpu's forum about the Pulse VS ASROCK (its cheaper on my country) , I dont want to go for the XFX because I heard a lot of complains on that gpu , and the sapphire one is less noisy and even though it has only 2 fans I think it has a better cooling system than the XFX .
Does the XFX realy has better performance than the PULSE ?

On the PSU , I think the one you suggested is worse than mine , on efficiency but I am not sure

Do you agree with me , if not tell me why , I dont mind :D , I just want to learn more about specs
ok so about the board.Both mine and your options are great,i just choose the MSI one because its cheaper,but if TUF is on discout go for TUF.Also about the 3600 cooler,some people say that its ok while other says that the cpu reaches crazy temps even on idle,so its a 50-50 situation.If you have 30$ to spend on a cooler which will do better than the stock one go for it,but if you dont i THINK the stock one should be fine.I changed the 480 SSD for a 240 m.2 mainly because of the budget,since i put a 2tb hdd in there,there was no need for a 480gb m.2 only for windows.
M.2 SSD is another way of storage and likely the fastest one.Its 6 times faster than a normal SSD which ranks it the fastest storage device.Its great value,the minor issue is that you need a m.2 slot on your motheboard,which most of the older motherboards dont have.But there is a solution to that,m.2 ssd also come in a pcie format so you bassically put it in any motheboard (i mean from the last 10-15 years).On the PSU topic,its not really that worse than your suggestion.Both deliver similar wattages,packing the same efficiency+neither of them is a bad brand or something like that and they will both serve their purpose well.On the GPU's side i cant tell you whats better,again i choose XFX cuz i saw 3 fans (which ussually means better cooling) and it was cheaper.

Jul 11, 2020
ok so about the board.Both mine and your options are great,i just choose the MSI one because its cheaper,but if TUF is on discout go for TUF.Also about the 3600 cooler,some people say that its ok while other says that the cpu reaches crazy temps even on idle,so its a 50-50 situation.If you have 30$ to spend on a cooler which will do better than the stock one go for it,but if you dont i THINK the stock one should be fine.I changed the 480 SSD for a 240 m.2 mainly because of the budget,since i put a 2tb hdd in there,there was no need for a 480gb m.2 only for windows.
M.2 SSD is another way of storage and likely the fastest one.Its 6 times faster than a normal SSD which ranks it the fastest storage device.Its great value,the minor issue is that you need a m.2 slot on your motheboard,which most of the older motherboards dont have.But there is a solution to that,m.2 ssd also come in a pcie format so you bassically put it in any motheboard (i mean from the last 10-15 years).On the PSU topic,its not really that worse than your suggestion.Both deliver similar wattages,packing the same efficiency+neither of them is a bad brand or something like that and they will both serve their purpose well.On the GPU's side i cant tell you whats better,again i choose XFX cuz i saw 3 fans (which ussually means better cooling) and it was cheaper.

Thanks !! And another thing my SDD is not m.2 but is it good just for gaming ? and I only use half of the 448 GB so in terms of storage it is fine

Jul 11, 2020
SSD doesnt affect fps in case you didnt know that,it only affects the time it takes for the game to load.Thats why i put only a 240gb m.2 for windows in my build,and a 2tb hdd for games.Anyhow 480 gb ssd will do more than fine for gaming purposes.

When you say the time the game takes to load its at launch right , not during the game ?

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
I too agree with choosing Asus over MSI.
While MSI is showing promise with having better VRM's right now, Asus has the best BIOS I've seen on any board across generations for both Intel and AMD when it comes to overclocking.

Also, Asus has probably the highest RAM compatibility compared to anyone else ranging from some of the cheapest RAM out there all the way up to the most expensive.

So if the Asus is on discount and cheaper than other options then I would definitely get it for sure.

And in regards to loading times on an SSD, this is for both games that have typically only one loading screen at the beginning for an open world experience, as well as loading screens between levels in games that go with a more level to level design.

But while loading times are faster, that doesn't mean that loading times on a 7200RPM drive are bad.
They are only bad by comparison.

I am still playing games off a 7200RMP drive with my OS being on an SSD without any issues.
Loading times aren't atrocious or anything and are completely acceptable and have been for a long time.

I personally don't NEED the loading times to be in the 5 seconds and under category and am willing to wait up to 30 seconds with average times being a bit lower than that in most games.

Heck, I'm even willing to wait up to 60 seconds even if I have to.

However, if the games I am playing are going to take more than 60 seconds to load, then I would put those on an SSD, but only those specific games which means I wouldn't need a super large one and a 250GB drive dedicated to those games would cut it, and at most a 500GB drive.

But this whole loading times thing is really just a preference and not a universal decision for everyone.

You don't NEED super fast loading screens, they are simply nice to have, and you should not concern yourself with them if you are on a tight budget and want to maximize your storage capacity instead.

But at the same time, if we are talking about having just one HDD for both OS and games, I would suggest against that and try to grab a 250GB SSD for the OS and main apps like web browser and stuff so you can keep that separate from an HDD that would hold everything else.

Those are just my thoughts and opinions on the matter of SSD and HDD for OS and games though, and as I said, it's a preference in the end, combined with what you NEED and your overall budget.

When you say the time the game takes to load its at launch right , not during the game ?
Qwerky penqwen explained it well.SSD will only shorten up the loading screens for games.Lets say you are loading up idk csgo or something like that,ssd will shorten the time it takes the game to load from the desktop to the 4 orange letters (which say CSGO).Again it doesnt do anything in games and its a option,so not essential.Also your TUF mobo supports m.2 ssd which i told you about and ou should get one.Try to find a well reviewed one with 240gb capacity atleast.Here are some recommendations from me:
-https://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-240GB-Internal-WDS240G1G0B/dp/B01M9B2VB7
-https://www.amazon.com/Kingston-A40...240gb+m.2&qid=1594592931&s=electronics&sr=1-2
-https://www.amazon.com/Blue-NAND-25...240gb+m.2&qid=1594592947&s=electronics&sr=1-7

Jul 11, 2020
Qwerky penqwen explained it well.SSD will only shorten up the loading screens for games.Lets say you are loading up idk csgo or something like that,ssd will shorten the time it takes the game to load from the desktop to the 4 orange letters (which say CSGO).Again it doesnt do anything in games and its a option,so not essential.Also your TUF mobo supports m.2 ssd which i told you about and ou should get one.Try to find a well reviewed one with 240gb capacity atleast.Here are some recommendations from me:
-https://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-240GB-Internal-WDS240G1G0B/dp/B01M9B2VB7
-https://www.amazon.com/Kingston-A40...240gb+m.2&qid=1594592931&s=electronics&sr=1-2
-https://www.amazon.com/Blue-NAND-25...240gb+m.2&qid=1594592947&s=electronics&sr=1-7

I know that my mobo supports m.2 , but does it support normal SDD like the on I have right now , because I dont feel the need to get faster loading times