[SOLVED] PC can’t connect to internet via Ethernet. Yet all other devices are working with WiFi

DarthBatman

Commendable
Jul 26, 2020
Hey guys so I’m having a weird problem here. My pc won’t connect to the internet. The cable is shown to be connected at the bottom right corner like it should be . But when I go to a website I get the DNS server error.

My phone, Xbox and fire stick are connected via WiFi to our router and are working fine. I already reset my modem and router to test and still have the same issue with the PC.

I am noticing that every few minutes the Ethernet symbol changes to the globe sign as if it were disconnected.

Would this suggest a bad Ethernet cable?

Specs:
3700x
MSI x570 gaming plus
32 gb ram 3200
EVGA 2060 ko

Solution
Probably just a one time glitch if you didn't reboot before. If you end up having to reboot like this regularly then it might be an issue, otherwise I wouldn't worry about it.

kanewolf

Titan
Hey guys so I’m having a weird problem here. My pc won’t connect to the internet. The cable is shown to be connected at the bottom right corner like it should be . But when I go to a website I get the DNS server error.

My phone, Xbox and fire stick are connected via WiFi to our router and are working fine. I already reset my modem and router to test and still have the same issue with the PC.

I am noticing that every few minutes the Ethernet symbol changes to the globe sign as if it were disconnected.

Would this suggest a bad Ethernet cable?

Specs:
3700x
MSI x570 gaming plus
32 gb ram 3200
EVGA 2060 ko
Start by opening a CMD.EXE window and typing ipconig.exe /all
Post the output.

DarthBatman

Commendable
Jul 26, 2020
Start by opening a CMD.EXE window and typing ipconig.exe /all
Post the output.
Says its not recognized as an internal or external command.

I restarted the PC and the internet works now. I had this problem last night though and I'm wondering if this will be reoccurring thing. I do have a windows feature update available. Perhaps thats causing issues.