PC Cannot connect to the monitor via Motherboard or GFX Card

zZParagon

Reputable
Nov 30, 2014
Hey there guys,

I have encountered a problem. My PC was working fine but then it cut out and i can no - longer connect to the monitor. I have tried attaching all the types of output (HDMI, DVI) to my monitor but it just says "No input detected". When I turn the PC on i can hear it start up, but I cannot connect to the monitor. I have a GTX 760 2GB that is only a couple of months old. If any more specs are needed I will happily provide them.

Thanks in advance!

aaronfield

Reputable
Aug 16, 2014

Have you tested all the cables? How about the monitor separately? The computer on another monitor?

Aaron

zZParagon

Reputable
Nov 30, 2014

I have tried the monitor with my laptop and it works, and I have tried all of the cables but the PC wont connect to the monitor. The keyboard also does not light up when it boots which leads me to believe that the motherboard it to blame, although the graphics card fans spin on boot, which is what confuses me.

adamjosiah

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013

Is there any abnormal beeps when you turn it on? If so how many consecutively? Or no beeps when there usually is beeps? Does your motherboard light up (there's usually a couple LED's directly on the board). If you feel comfortable working inside the computer try disconnecting all connectors, cleaning everything up with compressed air and/or electrical contact cleaner and reconnecting everything. Remember not to touch any capacitors (metal cylinders) and never open your power supply. Unplug your PC before opening it.

zZParagon

Reputable
Nov 30, 2014

There are no beeps, and the lights on the motherboard light up. I have already cleaned and dusted the computer many times over =/. I am comfortable with the PC as I built it myself, but this has never happened before.

adamjosiah

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013

Is there onboard graphics output on your motherboard that you can try? If so did you try removing your graphics card and seeing if that works?

zZParagon

Reputable
Nov 30, 2014

I have used the motherboard inputs with both the graphics card in and out, the RAM with one out then the other out with the first in, and disconnecting the CPU Cooler, all with the GFX card in and out, and that has not worked yet.

adamjosiah

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013
If you are connected to on-board graphics and are still not getting anything, I suspect your motherboard. A PSU fault is possible but not likely since power seems to be supplied to the motherboard. CPU and RAM are also unlikely. It may be irrelevant, but what were you doing when it cut out?