PC cannot detect any of my HDDs, only SSD and Optical Drive|MSI z77a-g45

Singularity_iOS

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2013
So I had a bit of a problem with my SSD but now that's fixed, (had to reset mbr and rebuild bcd or something)but now my motherboard cannot detect any of my 3 hard drives. I tried changing them around but nothing changes. It can only detect my Optical Drive and SSD no matter what sata port they are plugged into. Motherboard is a MSI z77a-g45. Any ideas why this is happening?
Settings:
K6X4Gl7.png

T2KoAuZ.png

BRLkO1B.png

If you reset the motherboard back to factory defaults.

The reason why the other hard drives may not be detected is because you have two Sata controler chips on the motherboard.

As an example some motherboards have an Intel based Sata control chip where it supports so many of the Sata ports of the motherboard.

But there is also a second Sata based controler chip also that supports the rest of the Sata ports of the motherboard.
Such as as a ASmedia sata chip.

By factory default only one of the Sata chipsets is enabled.
And you have to enable the other chip set by manual selection in you bios.
The four black Sata ports may be controlled by the Intel Sata chipset.
And the two white coloured Sata ports may be controlled by the ASmedia Sata chip set in the bios.

If the SSD drive is connected to a white sata port on the motherboard, and the optical drive is connected to the other white Sata port of the motherboard, then it would explain why the three other HDD are not picked up or detected by the bios because the other Sata chipset is no longer enabled due to the factory default of the bios.

So check for two Sata chip sets and make sure both are set to enabled in the bios Singularity.

Singularity_iOS

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2013
The optical drive isn't in a white sata plug. That's why it is in sata port 6. I even plugged my ssd into the optical drive slot and it still loads. The ssd Loads from any slot. This is confusing me to no end.

Singularity_iOS

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2013

Tried that. at this point I think they are dead. I even put one to my ear and started the pc and didn't hear a noise. I just put a new poweruspply in yesterday (EVGA Supernova nex650G) and tahts what did something to my ssd. do you think it could have somehow killed the HDDs? I remembered when i tried on of the hdds in another computer it wouldn't come up. i read that the pcb is replaceable on them, but can the psu really take them out? Would my warranty cover the dead drives?

TRENDING THREADS