Question PC cannot shut down (black screen) ?

Pashkjel

Commendable
May 14, 2021
Rtx 3080
Ryzen 5 5600x
Motherboard b550 tomahawk
Psu evga 850 gt
Ram 3200mhz 32gb (cant remember not at home)

My pc cannot force shut down and boots onto a black screen. Not before showing the motherboards logo, abruptly stopping and then the monitor detecting no input. Im honestly not sure where to begin looking for a solution.

I just switched the power switch to the psu off, and after a few minutes there was a sound like liquid dropping? I looked around and there no water or anything liquid like that, i have air cooler for the cpu no liquid cooling

I have also tried trying to boot into safemode but that still didnt do anything.

Last edited:
My pc cannot force shut down and boots onto a black screen. Not before showing the motherboards logo, abruptly stopping and then the monitor detecting no input. Im honestly not sure where to begin looking for a solution.

I just switched the power switch to the psu off, and after a few minutes there was a sound like liquid dropping? I looked around and there no water or anything liquid like that, i have air cooler for the cpu no liquid cooling

I have also tried trying to boot into safemode but that still didnt do anything.
How about description of your PC?We don't even know if it's a laptop, desktop or anything else

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran

Pashkjel

Commendable
May 14, 2021
I just turned it on today and it seemed to actually work fine until i entered my password to get in. The screen turned black and i again couldnt shut it down. Is this a boot ssd issue maybe? I was worried that i was gonna corrupt it from shutting off the power forcefully but maybe it was already corrupted?