Question PC can't boot after enabling over 4G encoding, I even swapped most components ?

Jun 4, 2023
Hi I've recently run into an issue on one system, that seemingly carried over onto my new build.

First Specs
MSI X370 SLI Plus Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 5 1600
RTX 3060 TI
Corsair DDR4 RAM 16GB
500GB SSD Main Drive and 2TB HDD (x2)
Thermaltake 850 watt Tough Power Grand Series Gold

I was in my bios trying to see if I could get mor dedicated VRAM to my GPU, and when I couldn't, I looked at enabling over 4G encoding. I switched this on, as well as something about power LED from blink to twin color.

Upon reset the computer could no longer boot, no display, nor could it make it to Bios even. Everything I tried left me with a brick. The machine gets stuck in a restart loop it appears.

Days later I decided to just rebuild my computer, new motherboard, CPU, RAM and SSD

New Specs
MSI B550 Gaming Plus Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
RTX3060 TI (removed for troubleshooting) Now using board integrated graphics
Corsair Vengence RGB DDR4 RAM 32GB
2TB SSD Main Drive
Thermaltake 850 watt Tough Power Grand Series Gold (reused)

Cool, so new build for the most part, new SSD, no OS, not using the RTX card
First bootup, and almost an identical situation. However, this time I'm getting stuck on a CPU white light

Attempted to flash the Bios, but the Motherboard would not recognize my flash drive. I cleaned the disk and tried again, no luck. Took the drives and ram out, no luck. Cleared Cmos, no luck.

I'm going to replace my PSU tomorrow, and with board graphics, this will literally be a new machine. I suspect that maybe my PSU took a s***, but everything I read says that allowing over 4K encoding is basically harmless. Unless the LED Power option I changed killed my PSU? The whole thing seems a bit odd it's been all weekend and my computer is fried, if this doesn't work and I can't get anywhere, I will be sending it out for repair, because I have tried everything and rebuilt to meet the same issue.

The PSU is from 2018 when I first built the machine.

Hi I've recently run into an issue on one system, that seemingly carried over onto my new build.

First Specs
MSI X370 SLI Plus Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 5 1600
RTX 3060 TI
Corsair DDR4 RAM 16GB
500GB SSD Main Drive and 2TB HDD (x2)
Thermaltake 850 watt Tough Power Grand Series Gold

I was in my bios trying to see if I could get mor dedicated VRAM to my GPU, and when I couldn't, I looked at enabling over 4G encoding. I switched this on, as well as something about power LED from blink to twin color.

Upon reset the computer could no longer boot, no display, nor could it make it to Bios even. Everything I tried left me with a brick. The machine gets stuck in a restart loop it appears.

Days later I decided to just rebuild my computer, new motherboard, CPU, RAM and SSD

New Specs
MSI B550 Gaming Plus Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
Corsair Vengence RGB DDR4 RAM 32GB
2TB SSD Main Drive
Thermaltake 850 watt Tough Power Grand Series Gold (reused)

Cool, so new build for the most part, new SSD, no OS, not using the RTX card
First bootup, and almost an identical situation. However, this time I'm getting stuck on a CPU white light

Attempted to flash the Bios, but the Motherboard would not recognize my flash drive. I cleaned the disk and tried again, no luck. Took the drives and ram out, no luck. Cleared Cmos, no luck.

I'm going to replace my PSU tomorrow, and with board graphics, this will literally be a new machine. I suspect that maybe my PSU took a s***, but everything I read says that allowing over 4K encoding is basically harmless. Unless the LED Power option I changed killed my PSU? The whole thing seems a bit odd it's been all weekend and my computer is fried, if this doesn't work and I can't get anywhere, I will be sending it out for repair, because I have tried everything and rebuilt to meet the same issue.

The PSU is from 2018 when I first built the machine.
Can't use onboard graphics, not supported with that CPU.
Did you try with old CPU +GPU ?

I was in my bios trying to see if I could get mor dedicated VRAM to my GPU
It is not possible to allocate more vram to a discrete graphics card. Never was.
(unless you're capabe of soldering higher capacity vram chips onto card and make a custom vbios)
I looked at enabling over 4G encoding. I switched this on, as well as something about power LED from blink to twin color.

You have to reset BIOS settings with onboard CMOS jumper.
LOL. Build a new pc just because of wrong BIOS settings?
AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
CPU doesn't have iGPU. Not going to work.
I'm going to replace my PSU tomorrow, and with board graphics, this will literally be a new machine. I suspect that maybe my PSU took a s***
LOL. Replace PSU just because trying to boot system with non-existent iGPU?

You should really get your pc to some computer service shop.