Question PC can't boot up without a CMOS reset

Aug 17, 2022
Hello, my PC won't boot up if I don't reset the CMOS. I have a GIGABYTE B460M DS3H AC Y1 for my motherboard. I have found a bios update file to flash the BIOS but to continue the update, it requires to shutdown and open it again. But how can I open it again if I need to reset the CMOS ? By resetting it, it cancels the BIOS Flash. What should I do ?

Aug 17, 2022
I don't know what else could stop my PC from booting other than the BIOS being not up-to-date. If there is any other thing that could cause this and that comes with a potential fix, please let me know

Why does it not continue the BIOS update after I boot up the PC with the CMOS reset ?
Because it's supposed to have done the bios flash update. Don't confuse bios update to Windows update.

I don't know what else could stop my PC from booting other than the BIOS being not up-to-date.
Well, it can be a whole array of causes. Here is some that I at least have heard of:
  • RAM faulty or unsupported
  • PSU issue
  • Motherboard defect
  • GPU defect
So because of that, I think you should take some time and think if there have being a history of the computer that you can use to backtrack the most plausible cause of error.