PC can't connect to Ethernet, WiFi shows as Limited Access.

Zevach

Honorable
May 6, 2013
This happened after the computer froze, so I had to turn it off and on.

-It reads WiFi signals but upon trying to connect to home WiFi, it gives "Limited Access." Other devices are able to connect to WiFi without issue.
-Upon connecting an Ethernet cable or establishing a Tether connection with my phone, it does not read it at all, in other words, it does not appear like anything was done. The Ethernet cable when connected, it does turn the orange and green lights on on the back.

Windows 7
Realtek PCIe GBE Familly Controller

I have tried a bunch of things, but to no use. Please enlist what comes to your mind in hopes I missed something along the way.

Thank you for your time.

Solution
Writing a new comment since I was able to solve the issue:

--> Changing the network card to another slot made me be able to connect back like it is supposed to be.

This is weird because out of the 2 remaining free slots, the first one would not pick up the network card at all, and this second one has.. done the trick?

It would be nice to know what has triggered this and if that meants the other slots have gone slightly bad or something? Maybe dirty?

Zevach

Honorable
May 6, 2013

It lists that there might be an issue with.. everything. It lists the WiFi and Ethernet connections as having an issue with their drivers. Even the Phone tether connection when plugged.

I have been trying to replace the drivers from the manufacturer but it seems it does nothing. I have tried 3DP Net and will try with Drivereasy, perhaps.

Update: Updating/Replacing drivers did not do the trick.

Zevach

Honorable
May 6, 2013
Writing a new comment since I was able to solve the issue:

--> Changing the network card to another slot made me be able to connect back like it is supposed to be.

This is weird because out of the 2 remaining free slots, the first one would not pick up the network card at all, and this second one has.. done the trick?

It would be nice to know what has triggered this and if that meants the other slots have gone slightly bad or something? Maybe dirty?

Solution