[SOLVED] PC can't reach other devices on the network.

Jul 13, 2021
Today we went to a new ISP, and I'm very saddened to see that I can't reach my ESPs from my PC anymore. I used to be able to just put their IP in, and use them remotely, but now I can't anymore.All of the ESPs are connected via WIFI to the router, and my PC is connected to the router with ethernet.
Furthermore what's even weirder is that while I can ping my router from my PC, it does not go the other way around, somehow I just can't ping my PC from the router. The router does show up in my PCs ARP table. The PC and the ESPs also have a Static IP Addresses.
Another possible problem is that using Wireshark I checked the network, and my PC(192.168.1.2) doesn't seem to receive any ARP table. Wireshark is full of arp request from my router (Correct me if I'm wrong but it should say "Tell 192.168.1.2, right?").
Does anyone have any tips on how to even troubleshoot this?

Solution
Your pc is not sending ARP requests likely because it has a arp entry for the router and it has not timed out yet. You can check with ARP -a You could also do a ARP -d * to force it to clear and ask for a new entry.

Being able to ping the router from the pc implies it does have a arp entry.

I would try to disable the firewall in the PC and see if it works. windows might have put in rules for something like a public network rather than a private one. It is pretty much restricted to just accessing internet with no lan/local access when it thinks you are on a public network.

kanewolf

Titan
Today we went to a new ISP, and I'm very saddened to see that I can't reach my ESPs from my PC anymore. I used to be able to just put their IP in, and use them remotely, but now I can't anymore.All of the ESPs are connected via WIFI to the router, and my PC is connected to the router with ethernet.
Furthermore what's even weirder is that while I can ping my router from my PC, it does not go the other way around, somehow I just can't ping my PC from the router. The router does show up in my PCs ARP table. The PC and the ESPs also have a Static IP Addresses.
Another possible problem is that using Wireshark I checked the network, and my PC(192.168.1.2) doesn't seem to receive any ARP table. Wireshark is full of arp request from my router (Correct me if I'm wrong but it should say "Tell 192.168.1.2, right?").
Does anyone have any tips on how to even troubleshoot this?
Is the new router configured to DHCP the same subnet that your static IP devices are in (are the first three sets of digits the same) ?
Can you ping the static IPs?
Have you checked to see if "client isolation" is an option on the new router WIFI pages?

Jul 13, 2021
Is the new router configured to DHCP the same subnet that your static IP devices are in (are the first three sets of digits the same) ?
Can you ping the static IPs?
Have you checked to see if "client isolation" is an option on the new router WIFI pages?
1,Yes.
2, Not from my PC, but the router is able to ping it.
3, I don't see an option for it at all.

Can the PC being on ethernet, and the rest on WIFI cause issues? I've never heard of something like that, but I'm lost at this point.

Last edited:
Your pc is not sending ARP requests likely because it has a arp entry for the router and it has not timed out yet. You can check with ARP -a You could also do a ARP -d * to force it to clear and ask for a new entry.

I would try to disable the firewall in the PC and see if it works. windows might have put in rules for something like a public network rather than a private one. It is pretty much restricted to just accessing internet with no lan/local access when it thinks you are on a public network.

Solution
Jul 13, 2021

Didn't fix it sadly. Not even ARP, however I did manage to make my PC request for the ESPs, so now it sends the correct ARP message, but the router still doesn't seem to find my PC. I'm thinking about buying a decent router, and maybe that will fix the problem

kanewolf

Titan
I don't think you'll be able to, I've been looking for it non stop. The exact model is HG6544C9.
Also I suspect that there's something wrong with the router for sure. This graph just doesn't seem normal at all.
Without a manual it is very difficult for anyone to help you.
One thing I see that is odd, is you said above that you were 192.168.1.x But the first IP shown is 192.168.0.y
Then there is a 10.x.y.z
Is this router the only network hardware you have ?
Is your WAN IP address really a 10.x.y.z ?

Jul 13, 2021
Without a manual it is very difficult for anyone to help you.
One thing I see that is odd, is you said above that you were 192.168.1.x But the first IP shown is 192.168.0.y
Then there is a 10.x.y.z
Is this router the only network hardware you have ?
Is your WAN IP address really a 10.x.y.z ?
Yeah I tried changing the IP in the meantime for lack of better things to try.
Yes, my lan is now 192.168.0.1, my WAN is 10.0.0.1, and that connects to the ISP