PC Can't Read It's Internal HArd Drive

ManFroMars

Honorable
Jun 6, 2013
While Working On My PC (HP Pavilion dv5),It Stopped Working And Restarted Itself after a blue screen error. When It Restarted It Couldn't Read The Internal Hard Drive (Error no Hard Drive Found).

Things I Tried:
1. Reset BIOS Settings.
2. Checked The BIOS Boot Settings. (I Couldn't Find The Hard Drive In The Boot Settings)
3. I Disconnected The Internal Hard Drive And Connected It To Another PC as An External Hard Drive.
Now I Can See The Volumes But Windows Explorer Doesn't Respond When I Try To Access It.
I Can't Access It From Disk Management.

I Really Need Help With This Issue...
Thanks In Advance.

Solution
First install the software on a second computer and connect the old drive
Click backup files/folders, then select a whole drive backup, select the drive, select a destination, and run the backup.
After it's done, connect the new drive.
click restore, select the backup image, select the whole drive, select the destination drive (make sure you get the right drive), and run the restore.
Put the new hard drive in the first machine and it should Just Work.

mi1ez

Splendid
This might sound obvious, but it sounds like a dead HDD. See if you can get an image off it (We find EaseUS TODO backup does a fairly good job of backing up corrupt disks) and put it on a new disk.

Sometimes SFC and CHKDSK will save an imperfect image on a new drive, but no promises.

ManFroMars

Honorable
Jun 6, 2013

But The PC Worked Again after I Reconnected The Hard Drive. At least For Some Time (6+ Hours) before the same Error Re-Occured.(I Could Access All The Files Normally, Play Games, and Do Everything Normally)

If Just The Hard Drive Would Work Again So I Can Copy The Files...

Also I Want To Know What Might Have Caused This Error.

ManFroMars

Honorable
Jun 6, 2013

1. I Would Like To Thank You Very Much For Your Help.
2. I Am Downloading The Recovering Software You Recommended And I Bought A New Hard Drive.
I Would Like You To Guide Me On Reformatting The NEw Hard Drive And Making It The Main Hard Drive Of The PC. (With Windows On It)
Thanks Again :)

mi1ez

Splendid
First install the software on a second computer and connect the old drive
Click backup files/folders, then select a whole drive backup, select the drive, select a destination, and run the backup.
After it's done, connect the new drive.
click restore, select the backup image, select the whole drive, select the destination drive (make sure you get the right drive), and run the restore.
Put the new hard drive in the first machine and it should Just Work.

Solution