Question PC can't see DP output on Screen 1

Navoan

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2014
Hi guys,

I have a strange problem with one of my 2 screens.
I run RTX 2080 with 2 screens, main screen is with Display Port and secondary is with HDMI.

My main screen is no longer detected, when i use the DP cable, if i switch the cables around, and uses HDMI on primary and DP on secondary everything works.. almost.. If i turn on my secondary screen 30 minutes after the PC boot up, it doesn't detect the screen - But if i do a reboot both screens will be visible.
What is causing these issues? The trouble started out of the blue.. I have up to date Nvidia driver and i recently upgraded from Win 7 -> 10 and it did not solve my issue.

Is it GPU, cable or perhaps software related?

I hope some of you can help! :)

Regards

Navoan

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2014
Hey guys,

I really need help!
Should i make RMA on my GPU or my screen?

I have 3 slots of Display Port on my GPU.
If i use Disport Port on monitor 1 - It never recognize the monitor.
If i use Disport Port on monitor 2 - It only recognize the monitor, IF the monitor is turned on when PC boots up. Therefor if i turn on the Monitor 2 one hour after my boot up. I cannot see it.

I really appreciate if you could point me in the right direction .

Thanks a lot

Navoan

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2014
Could my problem be related to Display Port monitors having trouble coming out of "power saving mode"?
I just unplugged the power connection to my Monitor 1 while having Disport Port cable in and waited 15 secs.. It worked... But should i create RMA for the monitor, as it already having issues with the Disport functionalities ?

Its only 5 months old.

TRENDING THREADS