Question PC cant turn on after cleaning

Apr 6, 2023
Hello ! Today i decided to clean the PC deeper, normally i clean filters every week and sometimes i clean it with compressed air, this is not the first time it was cleaned with compressed air, not from can but actual compressor with moisture filter on it. During the cleaning process the only component that cables was took off was the HDD, after everything was done with the cleaning cables for the HDD have been put back in place, PC got setup back and it just didnt want to start up, like the fans, cpu cooler, gpu lights, motherboard light every component was working but without any response on the monitor, keyboard, mouse, headphone, nothing was working, monitor fell asleep from no signal and so on, restarted it 2 times from the emergency restart button on the case, nothing worked for it, turned off the whole power for a bit than turned on the pc again, nothing happened again but a bit of waiting started up the PC automatically without doing anything, 20 minutes after the PC was working fine the screen freezed and to fix it only way was with the emergency restart button in thr case, after that the PC wasnt showing any image with no interaction on the keyboard, headphones, mouse again.

Got the PC unpluged and started reseting components, got the CMOS battery off, removed cpu cooler + the cpu itself for a reset, replaced thermal paste, put them back inside, removed and placed RAM again, removed and placed GPU too, was trying to move and replug the HDD cables aswell, before i put back the CMOS after all i holded the power button for 1 minute for power discharge, put the CMOS back and got the PC pluged again, nothing worked again.

CPU - Ryzen 9 5900X
CPU Cooler - Asus ROG Ryujin 240
Thermal Paste - Artic MX4
GPU - Palit GeForce RTX 3070 GamingPro OC
MB - Asus Prime B550 M-K
RAM - 16 GB 3200 mhz
PSU - 750W
SSD - Intel 660p NVMe 512 GB ( OS inside )
HDD - Toshiba P300 1 TB
OS - Windows 11 Pro 64 bit

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

During the cleaning process the only component that cables was took off was the HDD
You didn't disconnect the fans from the motherboard while they were being blasted with the air?

PSU - 750W
750W is the advertised wattage for the PSU. What is the make and model of the PSU? Please include the age of the unit as well.

Apr 6, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

During the cleaning process the only component that cables was took off was the HDD
You didn't disconnect the fans from the motherboard while they were being blasted with the air?

PSU - 750W
750W is the advertised wattage for the PSU. What is the make and model of the PSU? Please include the age of the unit as well.
- No, the PC was totally off and unpluged from power but the fans was still connected to the motherboard.

- The PSU model is unknown exactly because its prebuild from sort of popular company in my country, and they paint their logos on some parts, the PSU is 2 years old and i never had issues connecting to it for now, things happened after the cleaning process.

Apr 6, 2023
Update - After got back from work the PC wasnt working still even after 12 hours power out, got off 1 of the motherboard cables and put it back than changed RAM slot from B2 to B1, the PC started normally after this process, now its running Heaven Benchmark if by any chance it gets a freezed screen like last time.