News PC Case Deal Drop's Corsair Tempered Glass RGB Mid-Tower to $70

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
No, it's correct in this case. If you add the case to your cart, the $99.99 has a link for the $20 mail in rebate. If you then enter the EMCDFFK48 code, it's $10 off, so, $89.99, less the $20 rebate is $69.99.

There is the $2.99 shipping, though, so realistically, after rebate, it's $72.98.

I guess I only consider mail-in rebates to be a slight annoyance. I don't see why they don't go with instant rebates all the time (unless there's some vendor vs manufacturer distinction that "forces" it), but I've had no qualms about taking advantage of those mail-ins, though.

Manufacturer is hoping your don't bother mailing it in, that it gets "lost" in the mail or you don't follow rebate instructions correctly and lose it.

I can understand some accounting reason for not using instant rebates. There's no reason they couldn't use an electronic system for rebates. It would probably be a lot cheaper than having people open rebates, manually review them, type them into a computer then seal payments in an envelope and mail them.