• Diablotek GAMER SERIES CPA-8920

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RAIDMAX AEOLUS ATX-818WB

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Strife622

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013

It's a nice case, though at almost double the price of the 2 I have...I don't see any gain. I wonder if the 2 fans on the inside can be mounted against the front mesh, not sure why there inside the case.

Thanks anyways for the reply dasex

Dasex

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013
Yes they can be mounted in the front for my part im gonna remove the hdd cages and mount the hdd in the 5.25 inch bays.

Egonieser

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013
I prefer Antec cases - they mean quality and value for money. Antec One is a nice start within your budget and it has 2x 3.0 USB in front and 5 cooling slots and excellent cable management and hardware layout.

Strife622

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013

Definitely a nice case for 55 bucks with shipping, thanks for the input

Strife622

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013

Idk man, that raidmax looks like they put some good thoughts into it. It's cheap but it really does have a lot of things most cases around 130 have. I've probably dug through at least 150 cases, and that aeolus case has the best bang for buck i've seen.

Raidmax is hit and miss, some are okay, some aren't. Generally, I would advise sticking to brands like Corsair, NZXT and Antec, none of those brands really "do" bad cases in terms of quality.
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Raidmax/Aeolus/6.html

I did find this review on the Raidmax one. Looking at the internals of the case, I probably wouldn't be a fan of it, the wire management looks like it would be an annoyance, one of the hard drive cages is right in front of the ideal place to stow away unused wires from the power supply, I guess it wouldn't be so bad if you went with a modular PSU, even so, thats just a stupid layout for the HDD cage.

Strife622

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013

I have an NZXT guardian right now, that has served me well. It has like no airflow but isn't of terrible build quality either. but yea the nice thing is that both of those cages can be moved...either stacked on top of each other or just the one in the corner. I don't ever intend on using more than 3 HDD anyway, but I see what your saying. I won't be building this system for another few weeks or so...so if there's a good mark down on a nicer case than i may go for that.

Its up to you, really cases for a system you care about are an art piece more than anything. Yea, airflow and such is a concern, but usually any modern case will have sufficient airflow for even aggressive graphics cards and overclocked CPUs. The other concern is fragility. I bought a Sentey case once for like 60 bucks, flimsy metal panels, brittle plastic bezels and hard drive trays, never again!

I personally am not very patient with wire management, and I have big hands so I don't like having to weasel things around tiny loop holes to make the wiring look pretty. I also have 4 hard drives in my system and probably will add more at some point (I torrent old television shows and they take up a lot of space). So sacrificing an HDD cage for me would be a definite no-no, but its up to you.

Strife622

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013

Right, i'm just not sure what real world difference that's going to make. I can do without rubber grommets for wire routing, and i'm not going to be wrestling my PC...so i'm not crazy about how many mm thick my aluminum is. Also By saving 40 bucks on this case I can replace the fans with much better ones. This case can support ANY video card length and has enough depth to support tall CPU coolers ( oddly enough unlike some premium priced cases ). I'm all for smart buying and i'm aware that there are some more "solid" cases, but I just think this case is an incredible bang for buck.

Strife622

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013

Yea, I totally hear ya man. Well if I do get this case, then i'll come back and comment on if it's made well or not.
Thanks again