Question Pc case has weird f audio cables, unlabeled

DSzymborski

Titan
I'm not sure exactly how anybody would be able to give you advice based on a blurry image of unlabeled wires from an unidentified case.

Anyway, pre-built cases tend to be highly proprietary, so unless you have the motherboard that goes with it, there's a high chance that this isn't going to happen.

Reactions: Ralston18
Feb 20, 2022
I'm not sure exactly how anybody would be able to give you advice based on a blurry image of unlabeled wires from an unidentified case.

Anyway, pre-built cases tend to be highly proprietary, so unless you have the motherboard that goes with it, there's a high chance that this isn't going to happen.
I had a motherboard like any other motherboard on the f audio, and I changed it because it got burnt and I replaced it and I have these cables, I'll post a better image tomorrow

Where do they go to on the front panel? Can you take the case apart and see?
Does the front panel have power and disk activity lights? How about a reset switch?

The cables need to be traced back to their source to determine what they are for.

dwd999

Honorable
I have a case from a prebuilt, and I don't know it's model name, but it has these weird cables (I assume they are from front audio, because I connected the front usb ports and power cables) and they aren't labeled either.Here's the photo, I hope someone knows how these should be connected:
View: https://imgur.com/a/YiWLlbx
Are those bare metal connectors on those cables?! If they are uninsulated then its best to leave them alone and unconnected. The chance of any of those connectors causing a short is way to high to risk connecting them to anything.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

= = = =

And I will add and ask follow on questions:

Do you have the applicable User Guides/Manuals for motherboard and case?

This:

"I had a motherboard like any other motherboard on the f audio, and I changed it because it got burnt and I replaced it and I have these cables, I'll post a better image tomorrow"

Reference: "post a better image tomorrow" - please do so indeed and include photographs of both ends, connection ports/plugs, etc..

The initial posted image appears to me to be crimp on cable splices. Used for repairs to damaged or cut wires. Likewise not sure as mentioned in Post #2.

Not standard component/motherboard/case connections.

What happened to cause the motherboard to be "burnt"? Circumstances, events, actions?

And regarding that "pre-built" case provide as much information about the case as you can.

Source, vendor, any labels, stamps specs ,etc..

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS