[SOLVED] PC Case recommendations

KleenexUser

Prominent
Sep 22, 2019
I am looking for a case with easy access to its filter for quick maintenance if it has high filtration rate like a HEPA filter would be better. Basically it is a new rig I am planning to build to be used with this case and prefer something with cable management as well and/or if other options like an aftermarket filters which can be placed outside the case as an additional filters.

Some other info might be useful: Single GPU, planning for DDR 5 rams and CPU

(Note: I am not from the US only international shipping availability for aftermarket parts)

ronss

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
i just ordered this- phantek eclipse p600s
p600s phantek

i was also looking at the be quiet silent base 802....i am not up for all that rgb , but i can do some on the phantek case if needed....u can go to gamers nexus, he does some case reviews, gamers nexus
and watch some youtube, should get an idea of what u want
youtube channels i watch-
jays 2 cents
pauls hardware
hardware unboxed

Last edited:
Reactions: KleenexUser

Windows22

Prominent
Dec 30, 2020
i just ordered this- phantek eclipse p600s
p600s phantek

i was also looking at the be quiet silent base 802....i am not up for all that rgb , but i can do some on the phantek case if needed....u can go to gamers nexus, he does some case reviews, gamers nexus
and watch some youtube, should get an idea of what u want
youtube channels i watch-
jays 2 cents
pauls hardware
hardware unboxed
Not a bad choice.

Endre

Reputable
I am looking for a case with easy access to its filter for quick maintenance if it has high filtration rate like a HEPA filter would be better. Basically it is a new rig I am planning to build to be used with this case and prefer something with cable management as well and/or if other options like an aftermarket filters which can be placed outside the case as an additional filters.

Some other info might be useful: Single GPU, planning for DDR 5 rams and CPU

(Note: I am not from the US only international shipping availability for aftermarket parts)

This is the one that I use for 2 years now, and it has removable filters:
Cooler Master MasterBox E500 with ODD.

So i did some research the Fractal Meshify or Phanteks Eclipse
there's quite a few different versions of the Eclipse series.
a lot of them are pretty nice.

some, like the P300, are geared more toward basic browser or office setups with minimal airflow and fan\radiator placement options available.
others, like the P360A or P500A, are much more suited for gaming or highly overclocked systems.

those are nice looking and may be fine for a basic browser system or for a very minimal gaming setup,
but they have terrible airflow and lack much for fan\radiator placement options compared to better cases.

Yes and no, it depends on the build.

I agree about AIO limitations. I would not recommend placing an AIO in the front as the airflow is limited due to the mostly solid front panel. This is not a case for 240 AIO's or larger IMO.

I have a 3800x and a 2070S in a 510, and they can create quite a bit of heat when gaming out.

The NZXT 510 is designed to take advantage of convection. This case allows the gpu to pull air through the bottom of the case and expel through the top/top rear.

My pc has been running for going on two years without a single issue. CPU temps will max in the high 70'sC and the gpu reaching 55C under load. So this case does work quite well.

When web browsing the pc is utterly silent.

It was an utter joy to build the pc and I love how they provide room for proper cable management. No complaints with the case at all.

I'm likely going to upgrade the cpu and move back to an air cooler in a year or two, when prices return to normal. Hopefully.

Is the 510H the best case on the market for airflow? No.

Is it a bad case for airflow? Not at all.

I don't have an opinion based on other peoples reviews of this case. I have experience using the NZXT 510H, and it's been a good experience.

Araa4dG.jpg