Question pc case

On the "side" What "side" are you talking about? Are you talking about case designs like the Lian Li 011 dynamic?

If so, then the answer is "probably not". Not unless you are willing to go with one of the extremely cheap knockoff versions that are going to lack having the same kind of quality. Those are products likely to suffer from poor quality, sharp edges, few cable routing features, eventual warped panels, poor low quality front panel electronics (USB ports, audio, power switches) and so on.

Even the white version of the "kind of" Lian Li 011 dynamic, as a knock off, the Antec P120 at 119.00 on Newegg, doesn't cut it because they stupidly put the PSU location back at the top of the case where enthusiasts and manufacturers already learned LONG ago, doesn't really work worth a crap and tends to shorten the life of the power supply especially in modern cases where internal temperatures tend to be MUCH higher than they were back in the day when top mounted PSU cases were the standard.

You want a REALLY good case for under 100 bucks? That's also extremely easy to work in? This is seriously hard to beat with those prerequisites.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08C7BGV3D?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

Mar 15, 2023
On the "side" What "side" are you talking about? Are you talking about case designs like the Lian Li 011 dynamic?

If so, then the answer is "probably not". Not unless you are willing to go with one of the extremely cheap knockoff versions that are going to lack having the same kind of quality. Those are products likely to suffer from poor quality, sharp edges, few cable routing features, eventual warped panels, poor low quality front panel electronics (USB ports, audio, power switches) and so on.

Even the white version of the "kind of" Lian Li 011 dynamic, as a knock off, the Antec P120 at 119.00 on Newegg, doesn't cut it because they stupidly put the PSU location back at the top of the case where enthusiasts and manufacturers already learned LONG ago, doesn't really work worth a crap and tends to shorten the life of the power supply especially in modern cases where internal temperatures tend to be MUCH higher than they were back in the day when top mounted PSU cases were the standard.

You want a REALLY good case for under 100 bucks? That's also extremely easy to work in? This is seriously hard to beat with those prerequisites.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08C7BGV3D?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1
so this is cheap? https://www.amazon.com/AMANSON-Temp...ctronics&sprefix=pc+cas,electronics,92&sr=1-2

Do a google search of it. No results AT ALL except that one on Amazon, one on Newegg and the rest are all in the middle eastern retailers. Yes, it IS a very cheap case. But it might suffice for your needs. I will pretty well guarantee that none of the cable passthroughs or other areas have rolled edges, so they will probably be sharp, and the tempered glass is likely much thinner than you'd see on higher quality brands, plus it does not come with any of the fans shown in the pictures which is made clear in the product description and in the comments in the reviews. I'd also be VERY surprised if the metal panels on it aren't super cheap material and probably also thinner than you'd like to see which usually results in them warping over time so that surfaces don't mate well anymore the way they are supposed to.

No way in a ducks butt I'd buy that case over the Airflow 4000d that I linked you too, which is less expensive anyhow. But hey, some people don't actually care about quality, they just want "ooh, it looks nice" so if it suits your purposes then how can you go wrong? Also, I'd be INCREDIBLY surprised if the majority of those 51 reviews are not self planted by the company. Some of them clearly are legit, but the ones that are tend to have at least something negative to say about the product. But again, maybe that is all you need. It will certainly support three side fans and three top fans.

Mar 15, 2023
Do a google search of it. No results AT ALL except that one on Amazon, one on Newegg and the rest are all in the middle eastern retailers. Yes, it IS a very cheap case. But it might suffice for your needs. I will pretty well guarantee that none of the cable passthroughs or other areas have rolled edges, so they will probably be sharp, and the tempered glass is likely much thinner than you'd see on higher quality brands, plus it does not come with any of the fans shown in the pictures which is made clear in the product description and in the comments in the reviews. I'd also be VERY surprised if the metal panels on it aren't super cheap material and probably also thinner than you'd like to see which usually results in them warping over time so that surfaces don't mate well anymore the way they are supposed to.

No way in a ducks butt I'd buy that case over the Airflow 4000d that I linked you too, which is less expensive anyhow. But hey, some people don't actually care about quality, they just want "ooh, it looks nice" so if it suits your purposes then how can you go wrong? Also, I'd be INCREDIBLY surprised if the majority of those 51 reviews are not self planted by the company. Some of them clearly are legit, but the ones that are tend to have at least something negative to say about the product. But again, maybe that is all you need. It will certainly support three side fans and three top fans.
this one is better right https://www.amazon.com/KEDIERS-PC-C...tronics&sprefix=,electronics,101&sr=1-20&th=1

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Did you really already purchase these parts? Because, nevermind the case and the fans, but this build is not balanced.
You'll be spending even more to resolve any potential issues you may run into:
-Looks like you tried to trim some fat(cost) already with the M-ATX motherboard. Might look a little small in an ATX case, but that's about it.
-Four dimm, LED ram is not cheap. Two dimm kits are more affordable - even more with no LED. The shiny, occupying all slots ram was clearly a must.
-240GB dramless SSD for the C drive. Won't take much for this to start slowing down and affect the rest of the system. Dramless SSDs are fine as more of an archive, and in larger capacities.
-5400rpm HDD. It's fine for files that won't be accessed often. 7200rpm HDDs or an SSD are more preferable otherwise.
-Apevia Prestige... totally fine for APU only systems, but not with a gpu of that level. RX 6600 is MAYBE the strongest I'd pair with that unit - would be more comfortable with RX 6500 XT or RTX 3050.
-Cable extensions... the extra length increases voltage droop, and when voltage drops too low, stuff shuts off suddenly from a lack of power. That would be annoying.
-More of an FYI, but the 5700X doesn't come with a cooler, so you'll have to add one.

Look at them side by side. They are EXACTLY the same case, and I guarantee you they came off the EXACT same production line in China. So like I said, if you really have to have this particular design, then go for it. It will certainly hold your hardware and BE a case. But if you want something that is not going to feel like a regret later on, buy a case that is a quality model and is from a brand you can trust to make things right if ANYTHING goes wrong with it. Those cases? Something goes wrong, oh well. Too bad. And you saved what, ten, twenty bucks? Not worth it. But known high quality products and get what you expect to get for your money.

Much better to get the real deal from one of the most respected case manufacturers that's ever been in the business. And it's only a few bucks more than the second one you posted.

PCPartPicker Part List

Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic ATX Full Tower Case ($144.99 @ Adorama)
Total: $144.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-03-15 14:45 EDT-0400

@Phaaze88 , Since there were no prices listed for any of the hardware, I assumed it was hardware they already had so I wasn't going to bother going there as far as explaining what you explained perfectly. Although, I will add, ANY "Apevia" power supply belongs in the dumpster, not in your system. There are ZERO Apevia power supplies that I am aware of that are either of even mediocre quality or not just dumpster fire type units. Apevia is another nearly completely junk company. Worse than Raidmax. At least Raidmax has a COUPLE of products worth looking at if you are in a market where choices are limited.

Reactions: Phaaze88

TRENDING THREADS