Question PC comparison ?

Durban Guy

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2013
Good day. Please could you assist.

I have 2 computers, i want advise with which one of the computers has the better specs for the following games. Borderlands 3, blackops 3, gta 5, forza 4 and 5.
I have 2 graphics cards but first want to know which specs is better so that i can put the better graphics card inside that PC.
I dont have money at the moment to buy anything extra so as is which PC will perform better.

PC 1
I5 4590 3.3GHZ boost to 3.7ghz - 4 cores 4 threads
8GB DDR3 1333mhz (4gb x 2)

PC 2
I5 3470s 2.9ghz boost to 3.6ghz - 4 cores 4 threads.
12gb ddr3 1600mhz (4gb x 3)

I know the 4th gen cpu is little bit better that the 3rd gen but want to know if the extra 4gb ram and the bit extra ram speed is going to make up for the cpu or even give better performance than the 4th gen?

Thank you

Lutfij

Titan
Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
meaning we'll be seeing two sets of specs for the above build. To also add, please mention the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

You might want to also account for the discrete GPU when you're looking into gaming as the iGPU on the above processors will not be able to handle the games you're listed above.
I have 2 graphics cards
So, what are they? If you got them used, please understand that they would've been used for mining, among other things, unless you can verify that they weren't used for mining.

12gb ddr3 1600mhz (4gb x 3)
+
want to know if the extra 4gb ram and the bit extra ram speed
Mixed and matched sticks of ram will never end well, if you want to look at it from a performance stand point, you work with a dual channel kit. 3 sticks of ram is akin to having 3 wheels out of 4 on a car. If the motherboard paired with the 3rd gen is an H61 chipset, you're not going to see DDR3-1600MHz speeds, more like DDR3-1333MHz. Hence why I asked what the rest of the specs to the build are. As it stands, you're fixated with the memory and CPU but in reality the entire build will need to work with each other to give you the best computing experience.

Last edited:

Durban Guy

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2013
Hi.

Let me try and explain. Both PC's are the same. Same psu, same monitors, basically everything is the same. The only difference is the 3rd gen has 4 slots (3 x 4gb) = 12gb and according to windows the ram running 1600mhz. The 4th gen cpu is little bit stronger than the 3rd gen cpu but has 2 slots (2 x 4gb) =8gb according to windows at running 1333mhz.

So my question in general which will perform better between the 2 as is.

TRENDING THREADS