PC Compatibility

Dubsy620

Reputable
Feb 18, 2019
Hi, this will be the first pc I am building and I just wanted to make sure that all of my parts were compatible.

Case: CoolerMaster H500M
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC
GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX 580x
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 2x8gb
PSU: Corsair Vengeance 650M 650 Watt 80 PLUS Silver Certified PSU
Hard Drive: WD Blue 4TB 5400 RPM, SATA 6 GB/s, 64 MB CACHE WD40EZRZ
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO

Dubsy620

Reputable
Feb 18, 2019
I only opted for the 5400 because it is cheaper but I will probably get a faster speed now. Thank you. Any ones you recommend that will be better but not break the bank and by western digital?

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
I put those parts into PCPartPicker to compare for you price to quality choice differences, only to notice that you chose one of the worst power supplies out there just to save a buck, but if you use a power supply like that one with your system, it will fail you at some point, and kill your other components along with it which will inevitably cost you more money.|

But more importantly, the power supply you chose doesn't have enough EPS power pins for the CPU power on the motherboard and the system would just not work period.

Also, in the build, I had to assume a couple of things, such as RAM speed, and SSD size, but here is your current build.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor ($308.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI - X470 GAMING M7 AC ATX AM4 Motherboard ($216.26 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($147.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($57.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 4 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive ($99.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Asus - Radeon RX 580 8 GB ROG STRIX Video Card ($349.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Cooler Master - MasterCase H500M ATX Mid Tower Case ($189.99 @ B&H)
Power Supply: Corsair - VS 650 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply ($45.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1417.09
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-18 20:13 EST-0500

And now here is my edited version for you.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor ($308.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: NZXT - Kraken X52 Rev 2 73.11 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus - ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming ATX AM4 Motherboard ($189.00 @ B&H)
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($134.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial - MX500 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($49.95 @ B&H)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 3 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($84.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Asus - Radeon RX 580 8 GB ROG STRIX Video Card ($349.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Phanteks - Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($89.90 @ Amazon)
Total: $1407.79
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-18 20:26 EST-0500

I chose a more affordable motherboard that doesn't skimp on features, and also has RGB on it that can be synchronized with the RGB on the STRIX GPU.

Also, gave you RAM that is top quality, has RGB just like the Corsair RAM, but costs less, and is on the QVL of the motherboard.

I chose a better priced option of SSD that saves money, and offers the same performance.

I opted for a 3TB HDD to save you a good junk of money there as well while giving you 7200RPM.

I gave you a MUCH better power supply.

I chose a better priced option for a case as well.

And with the savings, I threw in an AiO liquid cooler for the CPU so you can overclock it.

Also, the B&H retailer options I've selected for certain parts was on purpose, because they don't collect taxes outside of New York and New Jersey, so the price you see is the price you pay.

All in all this build is a much better spending of you budget as you are now not spending more money than is necessary on the wrong things in the wrong places.

The PSU is the most important thing to not cheap out on. Remember this, or suffer the consequences.

Dubsy620

Reputable
Feb 18, 2019
That cooler is an aio. The psu I said is not on pcpartpicker. It is the vengeance 650m. It isnt on there. It is $90. I do not trust seagate because it has failed on me and some of my friends.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
That cooler is an aio. The psu I said is not on pcpartpicker. It is the vengeance 650m. It isnt on there. It is $90. I do not trust seagate because it has failed on me and some of my friends.

I can agree that other Seagate drives and older drives from a time back aren't that great, but the new Barracuda line is one of the most top rated drives.

I've been using Barracuda for years without any issues.

And yes, I am aware that the cooler I chose is an AiO, I stated as such.
If you are saying you chose an AiO already, you didn't list it.

And if the Corsair power supply you chose is $90, then I would further say the Seasonic FOCUS Gold unit is a better choice because it costs the same but gets you an extra 100w and it's 80+ Gold rated (which I know doesn't mean much, but it's more for you money you know?)

Dubsy620

Reputable
Feb 18, 2019
Im pretty sure corsair is a better brand than seasonic and knows how to make products well. And even 650w is a lot for the pc I will be building. Ill have more than enough. There is no point in getting more wattage and paying more on the electric bill. It isnt worth it in the long run. Plus like I said. Corsair is probably a much better brand. That is why everyone uses them.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
you don't pay more in electric bill.
The wattage of a PSU isn't what it pulls from the wall at all times, it's just the max load it can handle and the amount pulled from the wall is dependent on the hardware in the PC and how much it is asking for.

And if you want to go there about electric bill, then along with what I just said, the 80+ Gold rating will save money compared to an 80+ Silver since it's a higher efficiency meaning less wasted electricity.

And no, Corsair is not "better" at making power supplies.
While they make good ones that are higher tier, their mid range and lowe tier have not been good and they in general aren't better.

Seasonic has been making power supplies since long before Corsair and have better quality products across different teirs compared to Corsair and have a much better track record of their PSU's not catching on fire or shorting out and killing other components.

But you do you whatever you want man.

To answer your initial question no, there doesn't seem to be any compatibility issues with your build.

Is it a poor allocation of your funds overall?
To me, (someone who is very adamant about not wasting my money and tries to get the best bang for buck) yes.
But it's your money and you can spend however much of it you want in whatever ways you think is best for the reasons you have for doing so.
I won't try to stop you or say otherwise.

I was just simply offering my knowledge and expertise on the subject and attempted to help you out to spend the money the best way possible.

But I won't say another word. You do you bro. Have a nice day.