Question PC Completely Freezes While Gaming, Forcing a Hard Reset

Jul 13, 2022
Hello guys, how's it going? I come here for your help, as I've been having problems with my PC for some weeks now, as it completely freezes after some minutes playing average demanding games (sometimes it freezes on Brave, too). It started as a minor thing but now it happens every time. I have no error message or blue screen, it just freezes and the audio keeps going on until it doesn't. The Event Viewer only shows the Kernel power error that happens when you hard reset, I could not identify anything unusual there. Temperatures seem fine. Before that it ran high demand games fine even if on medium.

At first I tought for sure it was a power issue, as I moved home this month and a year ago my old PSU went to PSU heaven after I slopply let it run for quite some time with a broken fan. It would work just fine, but similarly it had problems on games, but it reset the PC instead of freezing. I bought an exact same 500 W model (specs later on the post) as it ran fine before (and I was, and still am, on a tight budget), and it ran fine for nearly a year up until now. Now I'm not so sure and have no idea on what it could be.

Here are some things I've already done and investigated:

• Ran Memtest86's default 4 passes, no errors.
  • Ran several stress tests; GPU, CPU, Memory, etc, couldn't replicate the freeze.
  • Tried to mess around with voltages on BIOS, didn't go too far tho, now settings are on default.
  • Clean Windows 10 install.
  • Reinstalled some drivers.

Specs (PC is from December 2017):

CPU: Intel Core i5 3470 3.20GHz
RAM: 2 Slots 8GB DDR3 Kingston (HyperX)
MOBO: Intel DH61CR AAG14064-210
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB
SATA: SSD 500 GB Western Digital
PSU: Wisecase 500W 1x12 FNWD0005

Other Info & Logs:

• BIOS is old (2012 - BEH6110H.86A.0109.2012.1221.1455) and I don't know how and am scared of trying to update it, as I'm unsure that I could do it without breaking it.
  • It is now plugged on an old transformer (don't know if that's the actual name of the thing) at 110 W. Before it was plugged directly on the wall at 220 W. No effect.
  • Changed from a HD to the SSD shown above right before the first PSU died.
  • I may know a thing or two as shown here but I don't know how to mess with hardware.
  • Had a DVD thing plugged in, now unplugged

HWiNFO & GPU-Z Logs, they end right when I hard reset after PC freezes

I thank you all in advance, your help is greatly appreciated as I'm actually going loco over this and may or may not throw it all in the pool.

Jul 13, 2022
So, update:

I couldn't get my hands on a new PSU yet, partially because of money, partially because I'm not sure that's the problem. I will, for sure, change the PSU in the future, as this one is really bad, but first I would like to know what's really causing the PC to freeze.

Idk, I'm starting to think it's a GPU issue.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me take a look at the right-before-freeze-logs (if the one last provided isn't up or is too long I can provide another, shorter, one) if there is anything out of the ordinary, as I really have no clue, or help me say for certain that's a voltage/PSU problem.