[SOLVED] PC Completely freezing, crashing and making high pitch buzzing noise

Jun 10, 2020
Hello, I'm once again here with yet another problem. So I've been experiencing an issue were my pc will completely crash, rendering it useless unless i hard boot it off, and making a really high pitched buzzing noise. This happens completely randomly up to twice a day and i dont know what the issue is. It happens mostly while playing video games but the other day it literally crashed while watching a youtube video... I put the thread under Graphics Card because im assuming its related to that but im not really sure. I bought the PC not even a year ago so i cant really imagine it has to do with its age. I also read some threads about such hard crashes being related to the HDD but like i said, not sure what it is. Here is my rig: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9PYRtp

(Yes i do have all my drivers up to date and the thermals are also perfectly fine in case someone suggests that)

Please let me know any additional info that i can provide to pinpoint the root of the issue.

Solution
No blue screen or error code show up when it crashes. When i said crash i meant it completely freezes up the system and makes a really high buzz noise until i turn it off manually. Sorry if i wasnt clear. I will try to record a video if the problem shows up again so you can see what im talking about.
No BSOD or error code means its possibly hardware, two suspects PSU and or GPU. given the make of your PSU and that i read some reviews where people were sent faulty PSU's its likely to be the culprit. I would call and see about getting a replacement as Amazon says it has a 5 year warranty on it
Jun 10, 2020
this look like a coil whine could be psu or from motherboard do you have a spare psu for test also you got and bsod error code .
i dont have a spare psu unfortunely, i was thinking about making that my next upgrade. Also what's a bsod error code? sorry im not too familiar with these terms.

Jun 10, 2020
whne it freeze could made blue screen and a error code appear on this screen also do this test remove gpu and use onboard to see if coil whine sound comes on .
No blue screen or error code show up when it crashes. When i said crash i meant it completely freezes up the system and makes a really high buzz noise until i turn it off manually. Sorry if i wasnt clear. I will try to record a video if the problem shows up again so you can see what im talking about.

Ferimer

Distinguished
No BSOD or error code means its possibly hardware, two suspects PSU and or GPU. given the make of your PSU and that i read some reviews where people were sent faulty PSU's its likely to be the culprit. I would call and see about getting a replacement as Amazon says it has a 5 year warranty on it

Solution
Jun 10, 2020
Alright, i will see what I can do to get a replacement (it might be more complicated for me as i ordered my pc from NZXT'S BLD service) and give an update as soon as i can.

TRENDING THREADS