[SOLVED] PC component advice

gutsygoat

Reputable
May 30, 2017
I'm helping a friend with his choice of components...I was wondering whether there were any components that would perform better or would prove to be better value
All help is appreciated
https://nl.pcpartpicker.com/list/CBVx3t

In terms of mobos, we were planning on going for the standard phantom 4 gaming b550 (no wifi) for 118 if my friend can confirm he can shove an ethernet cable into his pc.

Solution
Pcpartpicker states: The ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4/ac ATX AM4 Motherboard has an additional 4-pin ATX power connector but the be quiet! Pure Power 11 CM 600 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply does not. This connector is used to supply additional 12V current to the motherboard. While the system will likely still run without it, higher current demands such as extreme overclocking or large video card current draws may require it.

Should i worry about this?

With anything less than a 3950x cpu no, its a non issue, that extra power connector is more for bragging rights than anything else.

gutsygoat

Reputable
May 30, 2017
Pcpartpicker states: The ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4/ac ATX AM4 Motherboard has an additional 4-pin ATX power connector but the be quiet! Pure Power 11 CM 600 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply does not. This connector is used to supply additional 12V current to the motherboard. While the system will likely still run without it, higher current demands such as extreme overclocking or large video card current draws may require it.

With anything less than a 3950x cpu no, its a non issue, that extra power connector is more for bragging rights than anything else.

Solution