[SOLVED] PC config help

Apr 2, 2020
I want to help a friend build a PC around the 700€ range and this is the config I came up with for him :

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X
CPU Cooler : Stock (He doesnt want to overclock but the 2600X is actually cheaper then the 2600 from where he'll buy it so why not)
RAM : 16GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix 2666Mhz ( 2 x 8 )
GPU : RX 580 8GB XFX
Mobo : MSI B450M Pro M-2
PSU : Corsair CX550M
Case : Corsair Carbide 88R
Storage : Samsung 1TB SSD.
Total price : 705€

Is the price good for the build or is there any modification I can/should make?

Last edited:
Solution
Yes the PSU is ok, I would have tried to get a 650w unit, but the one listed should be enough to ride this build.

The next is just my curiosity:

Sorry I missed the first part of your build, but is there a reason to go with the R5 2600X, maybe a discount or something? Make sure your not close to the R5 3600 in price, I would get that one instead.

Are you OC this PC?, Im asking cause of the AIO cooler?

I would rather turns thins around a bit, maybe spend about the same amount of money and get a R5 3600 with a very decent tower cooler like the Arctic Freezer 34 esport Duo or Hyper 212 Black Edition (since your friend like RGB). I get you want everything Corsair so its easy to control, but RGB wont give your friend better performance...
Beside the RAM, I'd opt for something better than that board. Preferably something like the Gaming Plus M or better yet Mortar. Samsung SSDs are also pretty bad these days in terms of value. WD's SN550, Intel's 660/665p, or the best one out there, ADATA SX8200 will be a much better choice.

Apr 2, 2020
So, if you've seen the first part to this thread, you'd know I am building a friend a PC, and I made some changes to that build.
This is what I've come up with :

CPU : Ryzen 5 2600X
CPU Cooler : Corsair Hydro 100i RGB
Mobo : ASRock B450M Steel Legend
RAM : 16 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200MHZ (2x8)
GPU : GTX 1660 Super EVGA Super SC Ultra Gaming
Storage : 1TB SSD
Case : Corsair Carbide 88R
PSU : Corsair CX550M
Total price : around 1060$

Is the PSU good enough for this build?
(He likes RGB, so don't say I can save money on less RGB)

Last edited:
Yes the PSU is ok, I would have tried to get a 650w unit, but the one listed should be enough to ride this build.

Sorry I missed the first part of your build, but is there a reason to go with the R5 2600X, maybe a discount or something? Make sure your not close to the R5 3600 in price, I would get that one instead.

I would rather turns thins around a bit, maybe spend about the same amount of money and get a R5 3600 with a very decent tower cooler like the Arctic Freezer 34 esport Duo or Hyper 212 Black Edition (since your friend like RGB). I get you want everything Corsair so its easy to control, but RGB wont give your friend better performance.

Going back to your question, the PSU shoudl be enough, but 650w unit wont hurt and give it more room to upgrade later on.

Cheers

Solution
Apr 2, 2020

I would rather turns thins around a bit, maybe spend about the same amount of money and get a R5 3600 with a very decent tower cooler like the Arctic Freezer 34 esport Duo or Hyper 212 Black Edition (since your friend like RGB). I get you want everything Corsair so its easy to control, but RGB wont give your friend better performance.

Going back to your question, the PSU shoudl be enough, but 650w unit wont hurt and give it more room to upgrade later on.

Cheers

OC Imminent.
2600X same price as 2600.
3600 is almost 80$ more, he said he is not able to go to that much.
CX650M selected instead.

Reactions: RodroX