Question PC Connected to TV no sound through Soundbar

Mar 7, 2023
Hi,

I have a fairly new Philips 65OLED806 TV with HDMI 2.1 and ARC/eARC support paired together with a Samsung HW-Q800T 3.1.2ch soundbar. The TV is connected to the soundbar via HDMI 2.1 eARC port on TV (port 2) with a certified HDMI 2.1 cable. I've previously had a ASUS PN60 (Intel Core i3, 8th gen) mini PC connected as a HTPC via HDMI which has worked like a charm and always given audio output on the soundbar with Dolby Atmos and recently upgraded to a ASUS PN51-E1 mini PC and after that I no longer get audio output through the soundbar. The HTPC is connected directly to the TV with a certified HDMI 2.1 cable on port 1 (ARC support) and is running Windows 10 with all the latest BIOS and drivers as well as latest version of Dolby Access. I've tried to search for solutions all over the internet but nothing has helped so far so now I'm turning to you. Does anybody have any idea why my old HTPC with the same cables and connections gave audio output flawlessly but stopped immediately once I replaced it?

One solution that I've found is to disable HDMI CEC which I'm able to control in BIOS but to no resolve, there is no difference if it's enable and correct port is selected in BIOS or if it's disabled).

TV model: Philips 65OLED806
Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q800T
PC: ASUS PN51-E1 (Ryzen 3 5300U, 16G, 256G M.2)
Connections:
Soundbar to TV via HDMI 2.1 on port 2 (eARC)
PC to TV via HDMI 2.1 on port 1 (ARC)

Thank you in advance, I'd really appreciate if anyone has any idea or suggestion how to solve this.

[Edit]
I've also followed the guide suggested in this post by kerberos_20 but it did not solve the issue.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2023
Since the PC is the only change in your system, then my only idea is that you may have set the wrong sound output in Windows.
Thank you for your reply, I only have two sound outputs in Windows one of which being the HDMI (correctly identified as the TV) which is the one selected so unfortunately it's not that. Any other ideas?

Thanks.