Question Pc connects network internet access goes down.

FlyingVoxel

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2014
Last night I started having problems with my PC when my PC connect to the network here at home the entire network loses internet access. I know it doesn't sound possible or reasonable but I have a video playing on my phone at 1080p no problem hit connect and 6 seconds later lose all access Internet. As soon as I disconnect the PC internet comes right back. I did a PC restore point went back to it from two days ago when my internet did work and my internet worked for all of two minutes and now we're right back to when this : PC is connected to the network the whole network goes down as far as Internet access is concerned. I can still connect to the printer through the network. Also how I connect doesn't matter if I plug it in the ethernet Network goes down if I use my phone as the router to the router in the house and its internet is coming through via USB same thing internet goes down across the network. It is like as if when this particular device connects to the network the network loses internet access as a whole. Can an ISP even do that?

FlyingVoxel

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2014
rundown : did the ipconfig command list changed DNS server to Google's public one. And tried multiple of methods of connecting to internet. Additionally this is isolated to this network only i can still use the data on my phone as a source for internet access on this pc no problem.

Last edited: