Question PC Constant BSoD

Rezii

Great
Feb 21, 2022
Hello. This is my used gaming PC that i bought from eBay in christmas 2021.
AX370 Gaming 5 Motherboard F31 Bios
ASUS Phoenix Geforce GTX 1050Ti GPU
AMD Ryzen 5 2400g CPU
Crucial Ballistix 8x2 - 3200mhz
Corsair 750w psu
256gb SSD Samsung pm991
Windows 10 Pro 21H2

I get a "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR" bsod around every 5-15 minutes and it is REALLY annoying.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

WHEA - Windows Hardware Error Architecture
Its an error called by CPU but not necessarily caused by it
Can be any hardware
Can be caused by over clocking so:
  • remove Any overclock
  • remove Ryzen master or MSI Afterburner
can be caused by heat so try cleaning out heatsinks and fans inside case
can sometimes be caused by drivers
updating BIOS can help

BIOS update
Do you ever intend to use 4 sticks of ram? If not, you can skip one stage of F40
if you do,
Before update BIOS to F40, you have to install EC FW Update Tool (B19.0517.1 or later version) to avoid 4DIMM DDR compatibility on 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ CPU.
I believe the tool is included in the BIOS update file.

I think you need to update to F40 and then you can grab F51f
https://www.gigabyte.com/au/Motherboard/GA-AX370-Gaming-5-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios
You most likely use this to update = https://www.gigabyte.com/FileUpload/Global/MicroSite/121/flashbios_qflash.pdf

Rezii

Great
Feb 21, 2022
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .
WHEA - Windows Hardware Error Architecture
Its an error called by CPU but not necessarily caused by it
Can be any hardware
Can be caused by over clocking so:
  • remove Any overclock
  • remove Ryzen master or MSI Afterburner
can be caused by heat so try cleaning out heatsinks and fans inside case
can sometimes be caused by drivers
updating BIOS can help

BIOS update
Do you ever intend to use 4 sticks of ram? If not, you can skip one stage of F40
if you do,
Before update BIOS to F40, you have to install EC FW Update Tool (B19.0517.1 or later version) to avoid 4DIMM DDR compatibility on 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ CPU.
I believe the tool is included in the BIOS update file.

I think you need to update to F40 and then you can grab F51f
https://www.gigabyte.com/au/Motherboard/GA-AX370-Gaming-5-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios
You most likely use this to update = https://www.gigabyte.com/FileUpload/Global/MicroSite/121/flashbios_qflash.pdf
Hey, so I'd actually had a thread about this before and you told me to make the small memory dumps, I did that and ever since I've never actually got a Minidump folder if it is meant to be in C:\Windows
I havent overclocked on this system from what I'm aware of and I dont have ryzen master. I have cleaned out my 3 front panel cases and have an AMD wraith spire which doesnt look dusty unless its meant to be somewhere else, not sure what drivers could be wrong I have latest NVIDIA one, I don't intend to have 4 sticks of ram and am kinda curious on how updating bioses like that would affect it in the future, so please tell me what versions I need to install and what I dont

Colif

Win 11 Master
name did seem familiar (I see too many people to remember everyone, sorry)

i see, still same errors - https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/pc-constantly-blue-screening-please-help.3760960/?view=date

Ryzen 5 2400G - unsure if it passes
750w PSU - what make/model?
16gb ram crucial ballistix - passes memtest
ga-ax370 - there are no tests for any motherboard
gtx 1050ti
NVMe - seems okay. doesn't work with magician but then its not listed as supported by it.

did you ever look to see what brand PSU is?

bios versions

with an absence of dumps and an ssd that only shows itself on 1 of 3 tools we tried, I would be tempted to get a repair shop to look at PC and test everything again. I know I suggested it in May, I wouldn't have put up with it this long.

Rezii

Great
Feb 21, 2022
name did seem familiar (I see too many people to remember everyone, sorry)

i see, still same errors - https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/pc-constantly-blue-screening-please-help.3760960/?view=date

Ryzen 5 2400G - unsure if it passes
750w PSU - what make/model?
16gb ram crucial ballistix - passes memtest
ga-ax370 - there are no tests for any motherboard
gtx 1050ti
NVMe - seems okay. doesn't work with magician but then its not listed as supported by it.

did you ever look to see what brand PSU is?

bios versions

with an absence of dumps and an ssd that only shows itself on 1 of 3 tools we tried, I would be tempted to get a repair shop to look at PC and test everything again.
Sorry, I wont be able to see PSU make model but it said on ebay 750w corsair, would a factory reset maybe help? also i asked what bios because you said "i think" meaning you wasnt sure so I didnt wanna install anything that wouldnt work or e.t.c idk

Colif

Win 11 Master
I think you going to have to run Prime95, even though you didn't want to. If there are no stores nearby, its only way to know if cause is CPU.

reason I said I think...
F40
Note:
  1. If you are using Q-Flash Utility to update BIOS, make sure you have updated BIOS to F31 before F40.
  2. Before update BIOS to F40, you have to install EC FW Update Tool (B19.0517.1 or later version) to avoid 4DIMM DDR compatibility on 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ CPU.
  3. Due to BIOS ROM size limited, NO Bristol Ridge (AMD 7th Gen A-series/ Athlon™ X4 series) APU support.

you have number 1, 2 & 3 don't apply.
I am not sure if you need F40 or if you can just jump to F51f. The safe option would be to do both. That is why I said I think

bios updates can add new features and can help WHEA errors.

Reisntalling windows is unlikely to fix it. Can try but might just be a waste of time, or worse, get a BSOD mid install and not have windows.

Rezii

Great
Feb 21, 2022
I think you going to have to run Prime95, even though you didn't want to. If there are no stores nearby, its only way to know if cause is CPU.

reason I said I think...
F40
Note:
  1. If you are using Q-Flash Utility to update BIOS, make sure you have updated BIOS to F31 before F40.
  2. Before update BIOS to F40, you have to install EC FW Update Tool (B19.0517.1 or later version) to avoid 4DIMM DDR compatibility on 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ CPU.
  3. Due to BIOS ROM size limited, NO Bristol Ridge (AMD 7th Gen A-series/ Athlon™ X4 series) APU support.
I am not sure if you need F40 or if you can just jump to F51f. The safe option would be to do both. That is why I said I think

Reisntalling windows is unlikely to fix it. Can try but might just be a waste of time, or worse, get a BSOD mid install and not have windows.
getting a bsod during factory reset will break windows and i wont have it? also f*** it, might aswell run prime95 ill install it now

Rezii

Great
Feb 21, 2022

reason I said I think...
F40
Note:

Hey, the factory reset didn't work. I will install Prime95 now :)