PC Constant Crashing in Games

Jan 6, 2019
Specs
CPU: Intel i7-8700K
GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 2080 OC 8 GB
Mobo: ASROCK Z390 Phantom Gaming 4
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8x2 16 GB
PSU: EVGA 650 W 80+ Gold

I built my PC about a month and a half ago. A few days ago I ran into a problem where the computer would shut off to a black screen then restart itself shortly after whenever I tried to launch PUBG. I thought the problem was exclusive to PUBG but now it happens about half the time I play CS:GO too. I tried a few things. My CPU was overclocked to 4.8 GHz initially and had been very comfortable and stable until the crashes. I adjusted the voltage and that didn't fix the problem. I changed it to a 4.7 Turbo premade config (voltage as well) that came with the BIOS and it did not solve the problem. I realized my GPU temps were too high at idle and I looked and AORUS Engine had corrupted so I reinstalled and created a custom fan profile that keeps the temps much more manageable. It did not solve the problems. My temps appear to be 38 and 34 degrees before crashing so I doubt temperature spikes are the problem. NVIDIA drivers are up to date and Windows 10 is up to date. Other things to try before buying a new PSU?

Solution
The only thing that really makes sense to me is a power consumption issue, but I have a hard time imaging how this config could max out a 650W PSU. Maybe you have a cable loose somewhere?

2sidedpolygon

Prominent
Jul 1, 2018
The only thing that really makes sense to me is a power consumption issue, but I have a hard time imaging how this config could max out a 650W PSU. Maybe you have a cable loose somewhere?

Solution
Jan 6, 2019

Jesus lmao, part of the 24 pin mobo connector in the PSU came ever so slightly loose and I elbow greased it in more and currently the problem hasn't reappeared. I guess I was looking a little too deep into it haha, good thinking.