Question PC constantly crashes, extremely weird symptoms

Feb 16, 2022
Hello everyone,
About 8 month ago I build myself a new PC. The first one since 10 years I think. Everything worked fine… until it didn’t.
Suddenly It began to crash, first in game, then every time I started chrome (or any other browser. Then it would not even let me get to the desktop. The PC boots I see the login screen, I log in and instead of seeing the desktop, it just gives me blue screen of death. If I try 10 times only once it gets me to the desktop.

Here a little bit about my setup:
Mainboard: Aorus X570 xtreme
CPU: AMD 5950x
GPU: RTX 3090 FE
RAM: G.SKILL 4x 16GB DDR4 Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 (16-16-16-36)
SSD: Samsung 980 pro 1TB
PSU: TT itough power 1200W Titanium
GPU and CPU are water cooled, so temps are more than OK.

What I already tried is completely reinstall Windows 10.
Exchange the GPU with an other 3090
Change the Mainboard with a new x570 xtreme.
All of these things worked for a while. I was able to log into windows normally and even could play games again. After while though, the crashes began again. First in games, then with chrome and then I could log in again. Only way I can get to desktop is if I choose boot options, and start with low resolution. In windows I change the resolution to 4K again and it works for a while. When I start chrome though or change the monitor it crashes again.
I also should mention, that sometimes when the pc for once is capable of running, it start to make a continuous beep sound but keeps running. Also while starting it makes 4 short beep sounds. Sometimes it makes 3 short and one continuous. If that happens it does not start and immediately restarts.
By now I also exchanged all 4 Ram with different once from the same type. As with the other solutions, it first works and after a while it start to crash again. Most often it looks like a combination of Changwon’s the resolution to 4K and starting chrome, triggers a BSOD. I really can’t figure out what the Probleme is. Never encountered such a strange bevahiour. I guess is still RAM, jugging by the the symptoms. Also I can’t figure out why, since my RAM is officially compatible.

Pls need help, since I also need this PC for work.

p.s.: recently, when I activate XMP profile, the PC makes 3 long beeps and instantly restarts. Then it makes 3 long beeps again and restarts again. Then it makes 1 long beep and restarts. After that bios is reseted and 4 short beeps again. Sometimes XMP just works.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2022
Yes, to all I made a bios Update, made a CMOS reset, made a completely new Installation with all the chipset drivers. I also tried to run it with only one Stick and changed slots. This one is interesting, since everytime I change something on the Hardware, like RAM in a new Slot or new GPU or new Mainboard, it runs perfectly normal for a few days. Then it begins to crash again after a while. Installing windows new, did nothing though, crashes just continued.
Where can I see, which Bios I have?

Yes, to all I made a bios Update, made a CMOS reset, made a completely new Installation with all the chipset drivers. I also tried to run it with only one Stick and changed slots. This one is interesting, since everytime I change something on the Hardware, like RAM in a new Slot or new GPU or new Mainboard, it runs perfectly normal for a few days. Then it begins to crash again after a while. Installing windows new, did nothing though, crashes just continued.
Where can I see, which Bios I have?
CPU-Z's Mainboard tab will display the BIOS.

Feb 16, 2022
Version is FC i just updated it with the newest. But I don’t think it’s a Mainboard Problem, since I already exchanged the Mainboard for a new one. They both showed the same symptoms