Question PC Constantly Crashing / BSOD while gaming

schneider.brendon

Honorable
Jan 10, 2018
Hey guys I've been dealing with crashes this past month and recently I've gotten fed up and have tried to fix the problem. I just did a fresh windows 11 install hoping it was corrupted, but as I was setting the PC up last night the same issue appeared. Usually these crashes occur on some games I installed a lot of mods for but has happened to me in MW2, Siege, Cyberpunk, DS3 pretty much every game can experience it. When it does crash everything fades to black and I get the bios and back to login. Sometimes it will actually BSOD but the blue screen last a millisecond so I haven't been able to get the error code from it. I tried stress testing my RAM, CPU (87c max on Cinebench), GPU (64c max on Furmark), did Crystaldisk couldn't get the drives to crash either. I thought it was a faulty drive because of some of the even viewer alerts I've seen, but I have on nvme not setup or in use the one I thought might be faulty and still crashing. I am just not sure where to go because my system will not produce minidump files. Where can I go from here to identify my hardware issue.

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

I just did a fresh windows 11 install
Where did you source the installer for the OS? As for the OS install, did you do so in offline mode? Once the OS was installed, did you manually install all relevant drivers with the latest version in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

schneider.brendon

Honorable
Jan 10, 2018
CPU: Ryzen 5800x3d
CPU cooler: Deepcool LT520
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Gaming X
Ram: G.Skill Trizdent Z Royal 32GB
SSD/HDD: Samsung 980 M.2, Curucial MX500, Inland M.2
GPU: Gigabyte Aero 4080
PSU: SeaSonic Focus GX750
Chassis: Meshify C
Monitor: AW3423DW
The PSU is roughly a year old just upgrades from a Corsair when I got the 4080. Bios version is F16c I just noticed a new F16g that was released Sept 23' on that page.

I made a USB though windows media creation online mode, I installed geforce experience for my 4080, no other drivers that windows didn't auto downloaded have been downloaded. I did not run geforce experience as admin.

I'd like to add I have been running this system fine for this year until these problems showed up like 2 months ago. So I am thinking something failed in that time, as I didn't touch much of the system this year besides storage.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS