[SOLVED] PC constantly freezes and I don't know what else to try!

Strider90

Prominent
Oct 29, 2019
It all started about three weeks ago when I got a blue screen. It was the only one I got but since then the PC is freezing at least three times a day no matter what I do. I gave it to a "professional" who cost me $150 and made a clean install of Windows in a brand new SSD and returned the PC to me with problem. Absolutely no change! I'm open to any tips/help.

OS Windows 7 64 bit
Motherboard_ MS-7599
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 965
Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 560
RAM: 16gb

Solution
PSU could be browning out (if you can borrow a new one to slave in, be sure to NOT mix modular cables between different PSUs, you can burn stuff up quickly this way), swap RAM with some known good at conservative clock speeds for testing...

If temps are under control (both CPU and VRM on mainboard)....then mainboard likely failing....

TIme to start your prelim parts planning for the R5-3600/B450/DDR4 combo like about half the planet's gamers out there!!!!
PSU could be browning out (if you can borrow a new one to slave in, be sure to NOT mix modular cables between different PSUs, you can burn stuff up quickly this way), swap RAM with some known good at conservative clock speeds for testing...

If temps are under control (both CPU and VRM on mainboard)....then mainboard likely failing....

TIme to start your prelim parts planning for the R5-3600/B450/DDR4 combo like about half the planet's gamers out there!!!!

Solution