[SOLVED] PC constantly freezing

Mar 11, 2019
I've built my budget gaming PC last year in November, running Windows 10 64 bit.

Here is the parts list:
Ryzen 5 2400G CPU
MSI B450 M Gaming Plus Motherboard
CV LPX 8GB (2x4) 3000MHz RAM
Corsair VS450 PSU
TP Link 300Mbps Wireless WiFi Card
Corsair 270R Case

My problem:
Every so often (perhaps 5 mins? Varies quite a bit) my PC freezes for 10-15 seconds. I can see the display on the monitor but everything has frozen (videos stop, games stop), the mouse and keyboard don't work either. After it has "recovered" from its frozen state, whatever I did when it was frozen (eg writing an email), appears. Doesn't happen in the BIOS if I recall, just Windows which is the only OS I have installed (maybe reinstalling Windows will help?)

This has been an issue since I've built my PC, and it's driving me nuts.

What I have done:
Updated the BIOS 2 times
BurnInTest to check for overheating components
Checked all the wires are plugged in correctly
Disabled Firewall
Memtest86 to check for faulty RAM
AIDA64 to check the smart data of the SSD (check everything is working correctly)
Swapped the 2 RAM sticks around (idk why I did this, was desperate)
Downloaded all the latest drivers for my components
Removed OCs

I hope that someone will be able to find what's causing this issue. Thank you for reading this.

Last edited:
Solution
Never mind, think I have found the issue. Basically, I didn't know that even SSDs had driver updates, so I installed Kingston SSD manager, updated the firmware and it seems to be working fine.
Mar 11, 2019
Never mind, think I have found the issue. Basically, I didn't know that even SSDs had driver updates, so I installed Kingston SSD manager, updated the firmware and it seems to be working fine.

Solution