PC constantly losing internet connection. Ethernet cable unplugged error

Feb 28, 2018
Hello,
I'm having this strange problem. My PC constantly keeps losing network connection. When I start the PC everything is okay but as soon as I open any internet browser my PC keeps losing connection constantly. It connects to internet for a few second and then loses connection for a few second. I have tried many things but the problem is still there. I didn't install any new hardware.

Can anyone provide a solution for this?

Solution
Any other devices in the house? Do they have the same problem? If so, then I would take a look at the router/modem.
Since you mention Ethernet cable unplugged, I assume you are not on WiFi.
This could also be a wonky cable ... do you have a spare that you could test with?
This could also be a wonky Ethernet port ... that is a bit harder to find, but your router probably has multiple LAN ports and it would be worth trying a different one.
Most Ethernet ports have indicator lights. When you are having issues, do the lights change?

Let us know.
Any other devices in the house? Do they have the same problem? If so, then I would take a look at the router/modem.
Since you mention Ethernet cable unplugged, I assume you are not on WiFi.
This could also be a wonky cable ... do you have a spare that you could test with?
This could also be a wonky Ethernet port ... that is a bit harder to find, but your router probably has multiple LAN ports and it would be worth trying a different one.
Most Ethernet ports have indicator lights. When you are having issues, do the lights change?

Let us know.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS