Reputable
Aug 8, 2017
Specs
CPU: i7-8700k
GPU: gtx 1080ti FE
RAM: 16 gigs of G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3000
MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus X Hero
PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 G2

Like title says, PC never runs as good as it should and i get constant stutters in most games. Cyberpunk for example runs perfectly smooth on my laptop (i7, rtx 2060) yet launching the game on not even max settings on my main pc and i can barely squeeze out 30 frames, it was the same for AC Valhalla. The game on max settings will run smooth 60fps on laptop, and barely be able to get past 40 on main rig on top of stuttering in-between.

Solution
1. very soon to be 3 years with the PC
2.not really sure maybe a few months back
3.i will check and update, but last time i checked a while back i don't remember seeing either the cpu or gpu throttle{will update)
4.Phanteks Enthoos Pro M Acrylic. i have 5 fans, 2 on AIO(Kraken X62, forgot to mention in post) 2 up top and one in the back. aio and top fans are pulling in air and back one is pulling it out
  1. Just got new drivers for cyberpunk
  2. the cooler came with pre applied thermal paste and i have not replaced it since\
  3. not really. The stuttering issue is pretty persistent in everything but the general bad frames is pretty weird. like i said AC and cyberpunk run like <Mod Edit>, while something like RE2, Mafia, GTA 5...
  1. So how old is this build?
  2. When was the last time you installed Windows 10?
  3. What are your CPU and GPU temps (you can use something like hwinfo64 portable "sensors only" option, that lets you run the program on the background while you go and play games and then you can check back the "MAX" column on the program to know how high the temps got)?
  4. Whats your case, how many fans and where are they installed ?
  5. How old is your nvidia driver?
  6. What kind of cooling solution are you using for the i7 8700K?, For how long as this cooling solution been runing?
  7. Do you have the same issue with all games, how long have this been going on with your system?

porttripod

Reputable
Aug 8, 2017
  1. So how old is this build?
  2. When was the last time you installed Windows 10?
  3. What are your CPU and GPU temps (you can use something like hwinfo64 portable "sensors only" option, that lets you run the program on the background while you go and play games and then you can check back the "MAX" column on the program to know how high the temps got)?
  4. Whats your case, how many fans and where are they installed ?
  5. How old is your nvidia driver?
  6. What kind of cooling solution are you using for the i7 8700K?, For how long as this cooling solution been running?
  7. Do you have the same issue with all games, how long have this been going on with your system?
3.i will check and update, but last time i checked a while back i don't remember seeing either the cpu or gpu throttle{will update)
4.Phanteks Enthoos Pro M Acrylic. i have 5 fans, 2 on AIO(Kraken X62, forgot to mention in post) 2 up top and one in the back. aio and top fans are pulling in air and back one is pulling it out
  2. the cooler came with pre applied thermal paste and i have not replaced it since\
  3. not really. The stuttering issue is pretty persistent in everything but the general bad frames is pretty weird. like i said AC and cyberpunk run like <Mod Edit>, while something like RE2, Mafia, GTA 5 runs pretty smoothly,. also CSGO specifically runs bad. i used to get 300+ frames easy, now im happy to go around dust 2 with more than 100

Last edited by a moderator:
  3. not really. The stuttering issue is pretty persistent in everything but the general bad frames is pretty weird. like i said AC and cyberpunk run like <Mod Edit>, while something like RE2, Mafia, GTA 5 runs pretty smoothly,. also CSGO specifically runs bad. i used to get 300+ frames easy, now im happy to go around dust 2 with more than 100

While you check temps, you could also check that the pump is working.
Is the inside of your case clean?, specially the fans, dust filters and the radiator, dust and hair can be a pain in the arsh.

Solution